1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA franchises with a championship will have a gold patch on their jersey

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pieman2005, Jul 16, 2014.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Sounds like a Laker or Celtic fan here.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

??? Don't be so freaking insecure. The whole patch thing is just the NBA borrowing good ideas from other leagues.

Building team loyalty among fans helps the NBA bottom-line. Moreover, it helps teams like the Rockets for whom the patch is a constant reminder to viewers of the organization's accomplishments.

Laker and Celtic fans aren't the only ones who applaud teams/organizations.

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

They should just do like soccer and put a star for every championship you've won around the NBA logo. Or maybe a small trophy.

4. Badrose

Badrose Member

In soccer is a star every 10 championships.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sorry. Biggest losers in the playoffs.
    1 playoff win since 2000 is depressing.

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm not opposed to the patch...but it does seem that Silver is letting the "hero" status go to his head and is going willy-nilly with all these ideas for changes.

7. MONON

MONON Member

I like the championship recognition, but that thing is ugly & misplaced. It be a horizontal stripe on the front of the shoulder strap. An "X2,etc." for multiple championships.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

People were probably mad about the three point line way back, but I think it was a good addition overall. Pop disagrees, but screw him!

Hope Silver strikes gold and brings something remarkable to NBA basketball that sticks throughout the ages. Fun watching the sport evolve, wonder what its going to look like in 50 years from now. :)

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Oh I'm definitely excited about the future of the NBA and undoubtedly there will be significant changes for the better.

I just feel like Silver is stuffing a lot on his plate in the first year. Mid-season tournament, draft overhaul, jersey patches, raising the eligibility age, etc. The ambition is nice but I think he would achieve more if he approached things more incrementally.

10. Throttle

Throttle Member

so the team with lots of 2nd places get 0.5X? lol

11. PhiSlammaJamma

All teams should retire Olajuwon's number. Place on jersey.

12. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Who's the next team on this list to win one? Cavs? Pacers?

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Cavs for sure.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Not true. Only teams with massive amounts of championships use 1 star for 10. most use 1=1

17. jvu

jvu Member

Great idea poor execution.

18. gametime

gametime Contributing Member

Could this be the NBA's way to further the Lebron James story? One season he plays for the Cavs w/out the tag. The next season, they're sporting the tag. Lebron is the hero.

19. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

No this is the NBA's way of easing us into patches on jerseys b/c advertisements on jerseys is coming soon. Just like the stupid sleeved jerseys that everybody hates are an attempt to have the teams wearing jerseys that people would be more likely to buy.

20. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

nah he won't win this year or the next. He's banking on 1 championship in Cleveland will = 3 bought championships on a superteam. He messed up going back to clevleland. i got news for ya 1 championship = 1 championship. They don't go back in time and call the Detroit Pistons of the 2000's 1 championship 3 because they were a true team with no superstar. They don't call Dirk's mavs 3 championships because he was the superstar with role players. They don't call Dream's 2 championships 6 because he put those teams on his back. Why the hell would they call lebums cavs 3 when they have at least 1 legit other all star and almost every #1 pick since he left for a superteam. i don't understand.

I'll tell you why. The media is making money hand over fist driving lebron's legacy and so is he. For all the godly stats and elite skills, he's just not a winner. He's a cowboys yankees typical american bandwagonning frontrunner. and i'm tired of his legacy being shoved down my throat because i'm a basketball fan. 1 championship = 1 championship. mount rushmore more like mount bushmore like vagina bush..

signed,
    jason terry says you can't shut me down now gimme dat ring