1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA experts need only reply, "Who Am I"?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by countingcrow, Dec 29, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

These are going to be difficult for you guys to figure out, so here they are and good luck! By the way, whoever can get these can consider themselves a legitimate NBA expert!

1.) I was born on December 14, 1966 in Miami, Florida. I attended Tennessee State University and wad drafted in the 3rd round of the 1988 NBA draft by a Pacific Division team although I never ended up playing there. I am currently on my 5th NBA team as an active player. I am a hard working defender who is relentless on the boards and I have the body build of a running back. I led the NBA in minutes played per game in 1995-96 with 42.2mpg. I was named the 1994-95 Sixth Man of the Year. Who am I?

2.) I was born on August 2, 1969 in Maui, Hawaii. I attended college at Cal State-Fullerton and was a second round pick by a team in the Pacific Division in the 1990 NBA draft. I am currently on my 5th NBA team. When I am hitting my shots I am one of the most difficult players to stop. I scored a career high with 50 points against the T-Wolves on December 20, 1994. I also led the NBA in field-goal percentage (.576) in 1992-93. Who am I?

3.) I was born on May 25, 1968 in Chicago, Illinois. I attended college at the University of Illinois and was a first round pick of a Central Division team in the 1990 NBA draft. I am currently playing on my third NBA team. I equaled the NBA single-game record with 11 steals against the Heat on April 3, 1999. I was one of only three players in 1996-97 to score in double figures in all 82 games. I was selected to the 1990-91 NBA All-Rookie First Team. Who am I?

4.) I was born on July 11, 1966 in the Bronx, NY. I attended college at DePaul University and was a first round pick by an Atlantic Division team in the 1988 NBA draft. I am currently playing on my 4th NBA team and was in the top 3 in assists in the 1997-98 and 1998-99 seasons. I notched a triple-double with 21 points, 20 assists, and 12 rebounds against the Warriors on February 10, 1998. I am labeled as one of the most overpaid players in the NBA. Who am I?

5.) I was born on December 31, 1970 in San Bernadino, California. I attended college at Long Beach State and was a second round draft pick in the 1993 NBA draft by a team in the Midwest Division. I have really improved this season playing SF for a team in the Midwest Division. I led my team with 52 3-pointers made in 1998-99. I scored 7 points in the first-ever rookie game during the 1994 NBA All-Star Weekend. I have also been known to play very well against the Houston Rockets in my career. Who am I?

6.) I was born on September 29, 1966 in Chicago, Illinois. I attended college at Bradley University and was drafted by a team in the Pacific Division in the first round of the 1988 NBA draft. I am currently on my 5th different NBA team. I am known for scoring the NBA's 7,000,000th point with a running, 12-foot, jump shot against the Jazz on December 1, 1996. I have been known to play very well against the Houston Rockets in my career and I have an unusual name. Who am I?

7.) I was born on March 22, 1972 in Landstuhl, Germany. I have played for three different teams in my NBA career and I was originally drafted by the Sixers. I attended college somewhere in the state of Utah. I have been labeled an under-achiever my whole career and I am a part of an up-and-coming team this season. Who am I?

8.) I was born on March 31, 1969 in Highland Park, Michigan. I was drafted in the late 80's-early 90's by an Atlantic Division team and I have played on three different NBA squads. I received the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for the 1997-98 season. I tied the NBA record for three-pointers made in one quarter with 7 against the Sonics on March 14, 1997. I am one of the largest SGs in the NBA and I have a rather common name. Who am I?

9.) I was born on June 22, 1968 in Gastonia, North Carolina. I attended college at Fayetteville State University and had to deal with the unfortunate task of not being drafted. I have improved each season and I am currently a starting PG in the Eastern Conference. I am a very high-energy guy and I am one of the best free-throw shooters in the NBA. I began my professional basketball career in the CBA. I served as a placekicker for two seasons on the Fayetteville State football team. Who am I?

10.) I was born in Garland, TX on March 20, 1967. I was drafted by an Atlantic Division team in the late 80s-early 90s in the first round. I was named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team in 1993-94 and 1994-95. I, along with Magic Johnson and Alvin Robertson, are the only three players ever to top the league in steals in consecutive seasons. I have played for three different teams in my career. I attended the University of Oklahoma. Who am I?

How did you do?

------------------

2. Steve_Francis_rules

#2 is Cedric Ceballos

------------------

3. countingcrow

Ceballos is correct.

------------------

4. Steve_Francis_rules

#1 Anthony Mason
    #3 is Kendall Gill
    #4 Rod Strickland
    #5 Bryon Russell (?)

------------------

5. Steve_Francis_rules

#6 Hersey Hawkins (?)
    #9 Derrell Armstrong

------------------

6. Steve_Francis_rules

#7 is Shawn Bradley

------------------

7. Steve_Francis_rules

#8 is Steve Smith

------------------

8. Steve_Francis_rules

And finally:
    #10 Daron Oshay Blaylock

------------------

9. countingcrow

Damn, that was impressive. And that was pretty quick too. I guess they need to be made harder next time.

Somebody else needs to come up with some scenarios.

But make sure they are very difficult.

------------------

10. Steve_Francis_rules

i'll try to come up with some and post 'em tomorrow. maybe going old school will throw some people off

------------------

11. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Good brain teasers! Not too easy, not too hard ... well, except for Gill, which was the only one I missed. [​IMG]

------------------

12. Steve_Francis_rules

For me, the 11 steals was a dead give away that it had to be Gill. I might not have known otherwise

------------------

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I was visiting my godmother in New York at the time and actually went to the game. Man Kendall is QUICK! He was all over the place. Miami did make some sloppy passes around him though.

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Yeah, Gill is a good defender. Think how lucky it is that the Lakers didn't get him.

------------------