1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft Media Day Articles

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by m_cable, Jun 28, 2006.

1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I thought some of these articles were pretty interesting:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5736478

Media Day quotes:

Players have spoken on NBA draft media day
    Peter Schrager / Special to FOXSports.com
    Posted: 1 hour ago

A week ago, nobody was talking about the NBA Draft. Dwyane Wade's 18-foot bank shots, the proper pronunciation of DeSagana Diop's name, and Pat Riley's dance moves were far more important.

Seven days later, though, the NBA Draft is all anyone's discussing. Like cramming for a test, sports fans have spent the last 72 hours scouring mock drafts on the Internet, chronicling trade rumors, and tackling the spellings of an endless list of European last names.

Tuesday afternoon was the players' turn to speak.

Several of the top prospects gathered at the Westin in Times Square for a brief media session. In a draft class that all the experts say lacks star power, some of the unknown voices got a chance to be heard.

Here were some of the notable quotes from Tuesday's session:

Brandon Roy, Washington: On whether he wants to get drafted ahead of Adam Morrison:

"I think more than anything I want to get in a good situation for myself. As I'm going through this process, I'm learning that the situation is probably better going as high as you can. You want to come in and play right away. Everybody that I've been involved with at the NBA says after a year or two you don't remember where guys are drafted. You just remember how they played in their first two seasons. I just want to get in a position that I can play well."

Shelden Williams, Duke: On why passing on J.J. Redick would be a mistake:

"He's going to be a player that can stretch out a defense and be a great shooter. He's the closest thing you'll find in terms of a pure shooter, and if that's what a team is looking for, he's at the top. I knew from Day One how well he could shoot the ball. When we got to Duke, we played a lot of pick up games together, and I saw first hand what he could do, so I never questioned it. And he delivered every night for us."

Adam Morrison, Gonzaga: On being compared to Larry Bird:

"He won three straight MVP's and he was an NBA champion and I'm just a college kid, so I appreciate it. But it's overdone."

Hilton Armstrong, UConn: On whether he'd be upset if he dropped drastically in the draft:

"Right now I'm just really happy. I just really don't know where I'm going, but I'm just glad I could be here. A couple of years ago, I didn't expect to be here. But I'm here now, and I'm just taking it all in."

Cedric Simmons, North Carolina State: On whether he's gotten advice on the next level:

"Yeah, I talked to Coach Sendek, talked to Julius Hodge, and Coach Sidney Lowe. And they all kind of told me the same thing — that it is a big adjustment and a lot is going to change in the next day. So I've just got to take it one day at a time and not spend my money too fast."

Tyrus Thomas, LSU: On what he'll be wearing Wednesday night:

"I'm not telling. It's classified. I was just telling my uncles when I was fitting on my clothes that this was the first time out of my family anybody in my family owned a suit that was not from Burlington or Ross or from Steinmart — so it was a good feeling."

Rudy Gay, UConn: On the loss to George Mason in the Elite 8:

"I think there have been times where I've thought about what happened and stuff like that. No matter how much you want to, you can't re-play that game. (Breath) But it was their night."

LaMarcus Aldridge, Texas: On childhood friend Chris Bosh speaking positively about him in the media:

"I just started reading articles and people started telling me stuff. It's good to have someone of his caliber — an All Star — saying good things about you. I'm honored that he would say good things about me."

Ronnie Brewer, Arkansas: On how important it is to look good on draft night:

"It's important. It gets competitive. When you watch it on TV, you always remember who's the worst dressed. I think everybody's going to come out in their nicest clothes. Nobody wants to be on that worst dressed list."

Andrea Bargnani, Benetton Treviso: On being compared to Dirk Nowitzki:

"He's a very good person and player, and it's an honor to be compared to him. But of course he is another level of player. I will work hard to be the best player I can be."

Rodney Carney, Memphis: On what part of his game was best suited for the NBA game:

"Defense. If you can't defend then you won't stay on the court. But if you defend, you can stay out there for a while. People make a living on defense. Bruce Bowen, Ben Wallace — they get paid a lot of money just for that. If I can play great defense, I think I can bring a lot to any team."

J.J. Redick, Duke: On being too small to play in the NBA:

"People say a lot of things — not just about me, but about everybody. I'm 6'4 with my shoes off. I don't think that's too small. I'm not Dana Barros out there playing the two."

Randy Foye, Villanova: On making two visits to the Celtics:

"They're interested in drafting a point guard. They brought Marcus Williams back for a second time, and Rajon Rondo too. So, the thing that sticks out to me when I think about what the Celtics are trying to do is they're trying to draft a guard."

Marcus Williams, UConn: On how much attention he pays to mock drafts:

"None. None at all. The past couple of years I've seen Ben [Gordon] going in the teens and I've seen Charlie [Villanueva] going like 25th and they ended up going three and seven."

The pundits have commented, the talking heads have bobbed, and the players have spoken. And after Knick supporters protest today in front of Madison Square Garden, even the fans will have their voices heard.

Now there's only one thing left to do.

Shuffle up and draft.

2. m_cable

Live from NBA Draft Media Day - Dime Magazine's blog:

http://blogs.foxsports.com/DimeMagazine/2006/06/27/Live_from_NBA_Draft_Media_Day

Dime was at the Westin Hotel in Times Square on Tuesday for a chance to talk with some of next year’s NBA rookies. The day before the draft, the League held a Media Day-type featuring all of the guys who were invited to the green room. It’s similar to what the NBA does during All-Star Weekend and what the NFL has a few days before the Super Bowl; each player sits at his own table while the media gets a free-for-all interview and photo session ...

The most interesting part was seeing what kind of crowds each player drew. Rudy Gay, Brandon Roy and J.J. Redick all had nice-sized gatherings at their respective tables, but the top three attractions were (in order) Andrea Bargnani, Adam Morrison and Randy Foye. We didn’t initially expect Randy to get such a large following, but then again, there were a few Philly media outlets in the building ...

Being the biggest mystery/unknown in the draft, Bargnani understandably had the most crowded table. Reporters fired questions in English and Italian. We could tell that Bargnani seemed a little rattled by all the attention, but he was well-protected; his entourage never let him stray more than a couple steps out of arm’s reach ...

For someone who could very well be the No. 1 overall pick, LaMarcus Aldridge had a surprisingly small crowd around him. Not embarrassingly small (we’ll get to that in a minute), but we expected more. Same thing for Tyrus Thomas and Shelden Williams ...

But the least popular players were definitely Patrick O’Bryant and Cedric Simmons. At no point in the proceedings did we see more than four people at each guy’s table. We asked Cedric if he’s he purchased anything big yet. "No, nothing big. I got a Tahoe. But when I get paid paid I’m gonna get my parents a house." ...

Most of the players wore dress shirts or polo shirts with khakis. Foye was the only guy rocking a full suit - and a backpack ...

We overheard Gay's college teammate Hilton Armstrong talking about when he learned he’d been invited to the green room. "I was shooting a jump shot when they told me," he said. "I started smiling in the middle of my shot." ...

Of all the players in attendance, Rodney Carney was the most easygoing and comfortable in front of the camera (with Marcus Williams) running a close second. Rodney joked with us about wearing a hot pink suit to the draft, and talked about being scared when he heard it once rained for 32 straight days in Seattle ...

We didn’t know Fred Carter actually points at people when he talks to them ...

We overheard Ronnie Brewer talking about being amazed at the difference between New York City traffic and traffic in Fayetteville, Arkansas ...

We had just made it over to Tyrus Thomas’ table when a reporter mentioned something about Cajun food. "How come every time someone talks about Baton Rouge they gotta talk about Cajun food?" Tyrus asked, looking real irritated. "New Orleans has the Cajun food, not us." Tyrus kinda glared as the reporter tried to stutter his way out of the conversation. Then Tyrus cracked a smile. "I’m just messing with you, man," he laughed ...

3. m_cable

Chat with top NBA Draft prospects:

Adam Morrison (Gonzaga)
    Randy Foye (Villanova)
    Rudy Gay (Connecticut)
    Tyrus Thomas (LSU)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12130

Buzzmaster: Our chat with NBA prospects Tyrus Thomas, Randy Foye, Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay starts at 5:45 p.m. ET. Adam Morrison leads off. Send in those questions now!

Josh (Saco, Maine): Adam, what team do you think would fit your style best and why?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I would say the Suns, because they go up and down and like to score a lot.

Kyle, Phoenix: Hey Adam. Is there any aspect of your game you on working toward improving before the start of the season? If so, what percentage of the time would you say you concentrate on it during workouts?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I'm looking to improve my ball handling and strength. Pretty much my whole game, I'm looking to improve.

Jeff (Tulsa, Ok: Adam, Like yourself my wife is a diabetic and also in athletics. She wears an insulin pump that has been simply great for her. Do you use one and if so do you wear it on the court?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Yes, I use one, but I do not wear it on the court. There's too much contact.

Laura (UK): Adam, do you think you may be asked to play the shooting guard position in the NBA?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Yeah, I played a little bit of it in college, so I think at the next level I can do the same thing.

Matt (Beaumont Texas): Hey Adam... As You are less then 24 hours from probably your biggest day in your life, I wanted to ask how it felt...Knowing that in a matter of hours you will be shaking the commisioners hand and then inking a multi-miliion dollar contract? Thanks & good luck in your NBA Career....Matt

SportsNation Adam Morrison: It's going to feel great, obviously. It's a dream come true and I've been working hard to achieve it.

Jacob (Woodinville,WA): what are your expectations for the NBA?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Just play hard and be a good teammate.

Karim (Bloomington,IN): How do you think Gonzaga will fair next year without you at the helm?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I think they'll be a good team. They have a lot of good players and a lot of good talent coming in. They've got a good program going.

Kevin - Portland: Adam, we love you here in Portland you sure would look great in the black and red! What kind of float do you want to be on for our "Draft the Stache" parade when you're drafted?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: It doesn't matter. Portland would be a great city to play in. But any city's a great city.

Matt, Flat Rock MI: Adam, Do you think it will be difficult to go through an entire NBA season, given your health issues?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: No because, Chris Dudley played 15 years in the league and others played pro. I do't think it will be an issue.

Randall (Dallas, Texas): Adam, who is the current or past NBA player that you model your game after or look up to?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: As a little kid it was always Michael Jordan and then after that it was Larry Bird.

Jeff (Arlington, VA): Adam, what do you anticipate the biggest adjustment to be between college and the NBA?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Probably just the speed of the game and the 24 clock. The defensive rules would be the biggest adjustment.

ken stn mtn ga: have you set goals for yourself in your first season scoring rebounds etc

SportsNation Adam Morrison: No, I'm just right now worried about the draft and taking care of business in that regard.

Louis (Bend, OR): Adam, I was a big fan of yours at Gonzaga, and I'm a big Blazers fan, so I'm selfishly hoping that you fall to #4 in the draft. In terms of the draft, do you hope to go as high as possible or do you want to end up with the best team?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I think the later of the two. The best fit of my game would be the best situation, the number really doesn't matter.

Chris, Seattle: Hey Adam- I just saw your commercial last night for EA sports and I thought it was great. any NBA player in paticular you are looking forward playing against?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Probably Nowitzki, because he's my favorie player in the NBA right now.

Evan (Valparaiso, IN): Since you are the NBA Live 2007 coverboy, what is your rating going to be? Have any say in it? Good luck!

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I'm not actually not the coverboy for the NBA game, it's the college game. So I'm not sure about the NBA rating.

Ryan Krumrie, Eau Claire WI: Adam, Do you ever plan to shave the Stache?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: No.

Tony M Minnesota: Adam, who is your favorite player in the NBA today?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Nowitzki is by far my favorite player.

Brian from Meredith NH: Would you like to go to a team that will let you develop or go to a team that will let you start and contribute right away?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Probably start and contribute right away. Contributing to winning right away is something I want to do.

kevin(oxon hill, va) : what do you think you would bring to the table that no other prospect has

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I think just my ability to score.

dUbsackhustla: Hey Adam, Do you have a clear idea of where you will end up on draft day? or do you read the mock drafts just like everybody else?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: I have no idea, but I do not read the mock drafts. It's kind of all up in the air.

Ben (Denver): Is it going to be tough to go from losing 4 games a year to probably 40 in your first season?

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Yeah, I think it will be tough going through that, but that's all in the process of developing as a player.

SportsNation Adam Morrison: Thanks for logging in and I appreciate the support. Thanks for all the questions.

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Stay tuned SportsNation. Villanova's Randy Foye's up next!

SportsNation Buzzmaster: We've got Randy!

Randy: Whats the first thing your gonna buy with that big signing bonus?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I think I'm going to try and buy a house for my grandmama and probably something nice for me afterward.

Jake, Racine,WI: Randy, how does it feel to see your stock rising so fast in this years draft?

SportsNation Randy Foye: It's a great feeling. I didn't expect it to be this high, but hey, it just shows you hard work pays off.

South Plainfield NJ: Randy what team would you like to pick you? Knowing that you are from New Jersey it would be nice to see you on the nets.

SportsNation Randy Foye: It really doesn't matter. I worked out for every team in the lottery. Whoever takes me takes me. I'm just going to try and come in and produce right away.

Chuck, Maple Grove, MN: Randy, do you feel like you project more as a 2 at the NBA, or at the point?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I think at the point, because I'm able to create for others and know when it's time to be a point guard and time to be a scorer.

Brandon Rooney (Toronto, Ontario): Randy, What current NBA player does your game most resemble?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I have no idea, to tell you the truth.

Chris (Chicago): What's the are you going to miss most about college?

SportsNation Randy Foye: Just being able to hang around the fellas and it's not about who's getting paid the most and just hanging around with the coaching staff and the student body, the fans.

jhov elizabeth,nj: to randy foye how do you feel your upbringing has helped you prepare for this momement?how does your grandmother feel about your celebrity status?gd luck

SportsNation Randy Foye: I think my upbringing explains how I play. I play tough, I grind it out. When you see me play, it's just about my upbringing. I don't think my status has hit my grandmother, because she doesn't travel with me, but after these next few days, she'll see.

Demarcus (Muskegon,MI): How many hours a day did u work on your game as a kid, and what age did u start?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I just played as much as I can against top competition. I just played against anyone I could. The hours I played were countless, I would say maybe six hours a day.

Gabriel, Orlando: Randy, what most do you look forward to in the NBA?

SportsNation Randy Foye: Playing against players like Dwyane Wade, and playing against different players every night.

Patrick (Boston): Randy Foye, I saw many of your games while you were playing at Villanova. What do you say to the critics who say you aren't a "true" point guard? Which position do you prefer, point guard or shooting guard?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I prefer to be a point guard. And when critics say that, it happens every year to guys. Real basketball people know the difference of what a true point guard is. Obviously, they see me doing something that shows the point guard skills are in what I am doing.

Pete (Englewood,NJ): Randy- Since you graduated, has Coach Wright been in contact with you through your tryout tour, offering any advice and have you returned to campus to offer encouragement to some of next year's players?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I talked to some of next year's players online. And coach Wright talks to me every other day. He's right there along with me.

Paul (Pa.): Randy, what would you rather win an ncaa championship or a pro championship?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I would say NCAA, because I experienced it and it's been a great thing for me. But I would definitely want both of them, because it's something special to accomplish in the game.

Travis (Indiana State): Randy, what kind of workout have you been doing in preporation for the draft?

SportsNation Randy Foye: Just working on things that I feel I'm weaker at. Shooting, ball handling, everything, trying to get everything in and not focusing in on one thing.

james, la habra, ca: Randy Foye some people are comparing you to d wade what do you think of that?

SportsNation Randy Foye: First of all, Thank you to whoever compares me to him. It's an honor to be mentioned with him. A lot of people mention me and him together. There were a lot of people who had doubts about him entering the league also about what position he would play. But I have a lot of work to do.

Andrew (Los Angeles, CA): Yo Randy, what NBA player would you most like to play in the backcourt with?

SportsNation Randy Foye: LeBron James.

Squant (New York): Randy, what do you think you bring to the table more than any other player in the draft?

SportsNation Randy Foye: Heart. Toughness. Just a nose for the game.

Chrös M, Minneapolis: Hey Randy, it looks like Minnesota at No. 6 is pretty interested in you, how do you like their team and do you think you could contribute right away?

SportsNation Randy Foye: Yeah, definitely. I think anywhere I go I can contribute right away. I know I'm not going to go in and be a superstar, but I'm willing to work hard.

Israel Lindsay, CA: who wins in a 3pt shootout yourself or Allen Ray ?

SportsNation Randy Foye: Allen. He's a better shooter than me.

Harry: (Rockland, NY): currently, Which player in the NBA do you think is the most fun to watch?

SportsNation Randy Foye: I think Steve Nash, James and Wade are the guys that I like to watch. Those are the three that are the most exciting in the league.

SportsNation Randy Foye: Thanks, I appreciate everyone following me and supporting me. Fans back at Nova and in N.J., thank you.

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Thanks to Randy for stopping by. Next up is UConn's Rudy Gay!

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Rudy's here!

Robb (Berkeley, CA: Rudy what do you do in ur freetime?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: Not much. I basically play basketball. If I'm not playing, then I'm playing basketball games on Playstation.

Biff (Nazarath, Arkansas: People question your mental toughness, Rudy, how do you respond to claims that the media makes about you?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: It depends what situation I'm in. I think I'm one of the toughest guys out there. I don't really agree with that statement.

Abe (Teaneck, NJ): Rudy I know you?re gone now but how does UConn look next year without you guys? They took a pretty big hit!

SportsNation Rudy Gay: We should be a very good young team. I think Coach knows the situation and recruited very well. I think they'll be back. They have a couple of freshmen that will contribute.

Andrew (Boston): Rudy, Do you have any superstitions on game day?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: I stretch my socks out and put two pairs of socks on. And my shoes. If I play bad in a pair I never wear them again.

Darren(Indianapolis,IN): Rudy, which team has worked with you the most?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: I think Charlotte. I went there twice.

Joe canton,OH: Rudy,How old were you when you first dunked

SportsNation Rudy Gay: Funny. Someone just asked me that. It was 7th grade, so like 12, 13.

Sean (Boulder, CO): Rudy, what's the first thing you buy with your bonus?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: Probably a house.

presque isle, me : rudy which team do you think fits you best I would love to see you play along side pierce and wally in boston

SportsNation Rudy Gay: Well, I'm pretty versatile, so I think I can play a lot of different positions. So I try to fit into any situation I'm put into.

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY): Rudy, what team did you most like playing against at UCONN? Where was the hardest to play on the road? Which player did you most look forward to playing against?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: I liked playing against Villanova, and Syracuse was the hardest place to play against.

Mike (New York): Rudy, what do you think it'll be like to play against the stars of the NBA that you were watching on TV just last year?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: I think when you go out on the court, you think of them just as opponents, not as stars in the NBA. You're just trying to stop them.

Chris (Hampshire, IL): Rudy - It sounds like there is a chance you could go #1. Any preference as to where you end up?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: Not really. Wherever I go, I'm going to try my best to fit in and find my role with my teammates.

Dan, Cleveland, Ohio: Rudy, How many pairs of shoes do you have?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: (laughs) I have over 100.

reed - seattle: Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! How did the workout go against Brandon Roy? Any hard feelings after the chest bumping in the tournament?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: No. I had a couple of workouts with him. They went pretty good. He's a pretty competitive guy. There were no hard feelings.

Marcus (Rochester, MN): how did you feel leaving Uconn without winning that expected title

SportsNation Rudy Gay: It definitely hurts me. We had a legitimate chance to get it. It's going to be tough. I love the guys there and we're a really tight group, but they all understand that you have to do what you have to do.

Brian Charlotte, NC: Hey Rudy how do you feel about Charlotte and knowing we all would like you to play here in ACC country?

SportsNation Rudy Gay: It will be my chance to play there. It would be great, but then again, you never know.

SportsNation Rudy Gay: Thanks for all the support. Hopefully you'll continue to watch and support me in the draft and NBA.

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Our thanks to Rudy! Next up is LSU's Tyrus Thomas.

Ari (teaneck): Hey Tyrus, which current player in the NBA would you compare your game with?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: I don't really compare my game to anyone. I just try to be the best I can be.

Chris (Sugar Land, TX): Tyrus, would you like to play along side Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in Houston?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: That would be great. It would be great to play alongside any NBA superstar, but I'm just blessed to be in this position.

Brad (Syracuse, NY): Tyrus, how does it feel to not even being known on the radar seen before the season, and now being a potential number 1 pick?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: It's just a prime example that hard work pays off. All that time in the gym pays off.

Bryan (Seattle, WA): Hey Tyrus.. what was your biggest influence to leave LSU early and enter the draft?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: Just the timing. I felt like it was perfect timing to advance as a high pick. Tomorrow is not promised. It was a dream and I felt like I needed to advance.

Matthew(Studio City, Ca): Hey Tyrus, you played great in the NCAA tournament. Would you call yourself a clutch player?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: I'm not sure. I didn't really have an opportunity to perform in the clutch. I think I would handle myself well in that situation, but I haven't been in one yet.

Mat (Scottsdale, AZ): Any chance you'll just give Stern a chest bump instead of shaking his hand?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: No chance at all.

Matt (Ft. Collins Colorado): Tyrus, you had an amazing tourney....how do you think that this affected your draft status?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: You know, the tournament increased it a little bit. It showed that I could perform against higher levels of competition.

STeve burque,NM: Tyrus, how confident are you in making the transition to playing some of the best power forwards in the league? What can you do to better prepare yourself?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: I just have to keep working like I've been working. If I continue to work, it will take care of itself.

Shaun (Nashua NH): what are you going to remember most about your ncaa run?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: The comraderie of the team. Of how together we were and how much love was on the team.

Erik (Chicago): Tyrus, what aspects of your game are you hoping to improve the most on after you are drafted?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: All parts of my game. You have to continue to work to become a more complete player.

Usman: owings Mills, MD: Tyrus, I'm a huge Bulls fan...how do you think you'd fit in with those guys?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: I'm not sure. Once again, I'm excited about being on any team. I'm going to work hard and help the team get better.

Steve Baton Rouge, LA: Tyrus, are you going to through a big party after going number 1?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: Nah. I'm not into the parties. I'd rather just lay low and chill with family and close friends.

Rick (Birmingham, Al) : Hey Tyrus, Have you talked to your former alumni Shaq about the possible teams you'd like to go?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: No I haven't.

Danie (new orleans): Who in the NBA do you most look forward to facing?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: I'm not sure. I'm just excited about playing against everybody. It's going to be a great experience no matter what.

Mike (Chicago, Ill.): Tyrus, whose youre favorite basketball player of all time?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: Michael Jordan.

Daniel (Bethesda Maryland): Tyrus, when did u get the confidence that u would be in the NBA?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: whatever you do you have to do it with confidence and pride. My play, I proved to people that I was capable of being among the elite.

Brett (Glencoe, IL): Tyrus, what number would you like to wear and why?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: It doesn't matter.

Brandon (Janesville WI): Tyrus, Which players do you currently enjoy watching most in the league?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: Shaq.

Micah(Rochester, NY): I enjoyed watching LSU make such a great run in the tourney last year, do you think they can do it again next season?

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: Yes, I have confidence. They only lost two guys. I think they will have the experience that it will take.

SportsNation Tyrus Thomas: Thanks for supporting me.

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Our thanks goes out to Tyrus.

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Thanks to Adam Morrison, Randy Foye, Rudy Gay and Tyrus Thomas for stopping by on our NBA prospects chat. Tune into the NBA draft on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. on ESPN to see where these guys get drafted.