1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{NBA Daily} Bosh Leaning Towards Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Take it for what it is, but Twitter is abuzz with word that Chris Bosh may have chosen his desired free agent destination, after he "got a chance to clear his mind".

With stories, and quotes from Bosh, saying how much he loved his trip home to Dallas and heartily enjoyed time with his family - big gatherings, meals, and a trip to church.

Thinking is that his trip home may have made him realize how much he loves being around his home turf, even if he doesn't want to be directly in his hometown of Dallas - siting the added pressure and requests for his time in that setting. A return to another Texas city would certainly allow more of a buffer, and more trips home.

He HAS, however, met with the Rockets and left very impressed with what they had to offer. Playing alongside a healthy Yao Ming, Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola, and whatever group of wings they keep in a sign & trade (Battier, Ariza, Martin, Budinger), would certainly give a strong level of competition for playoff success.

He would get to be the man, but in a much more balanced attack of star power. Yao would still get most global media attention, but Bosh would get more touches on offense!

Maybe he's still liking the idea of following Dwayne or LeBron around, but if he goes anywhere without those two - Houston is tops on the list, with Chicago being a close second.

If Bosh has in fact chosen Houston, it's a best case scenario for a Raptors team if they're looking to add player assets to their club. They may already have wings Hedo Turkoglu, DeMar DeRozan, Sonny Weems and Marco Bellineli under contract, but that list of names also suggests that there's room for an upgrade.

Battier would add the veteran leadership, class and hard-nosed defense that the Raptors sorely lack.

Ariza would offer athleticism on the wing to run alongside the young guns.

K-Mart would add another lethal offensive weapon to a team that may be better served to add some stoppers. (Still fun to picture them scoring 120 points a night with him there!).

Aaron Brooks would be the dream situation, but he's badly needed in Houston, with a considerable dropoff to back-up Kyle Lowry running the show.

Word is expected to officially come down soon on Bosh's choice, and here's hoping it's located deep in the heart of Texas.

http://www.nbadaily.net/mainstory.cfm?articleid=79

1 person likes this.
  2. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

If we can some how get DeMar DeRozan in our line up alongside Bosh without giving up to much, I would be SO HAPPY!

3. Raven

Raven Member

I'm still holding my breath on what we'll have to give up. I'm guessing a veteran, one pick, and one of the kids.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Lowry is NOT a huge dropoff from AB0 imo.

Honestly to me AB0 is not a dealbreaker, but I'd def prefer to keep him. I really think this team needs to keep Battier, he is the only vocal leader on this team and Bosh doesn't give me the impression he could take that role. Obviously if they demand Battier I wouldn't say no, I just think I'd rather see Ariza go than Battier.

1 person likes this.
  5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Great, another speculation article. I can't take this anymore!!

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I say this is what we give up:

Scola, Hill, Battier or Ariza, and NY picks...

It's worth it for a one and done year... but rebuilding will be even more a pain in the ass. :(

7. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Good find, but almost no actual facts in the article. Comes across as just hopeful speculation.

8. Trip

Trip Member

Unsourced and pure speculation. I thought NBA Daily was something from ESPN or NBA.com. Is this even worth posting?

9. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

That's too much to give up.
    Replace Scola with Jefferies.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Man I just hope he makes an announcement soon. Personally I'd prefer to give up a Scola and Battier, with the 2012 NY pick... but lets see what happens.

--RB

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What buzz on twitter is he referring to?

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Git er done Morey!

(Just don't give up AB or Martin in the deal)

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So he gives the rox a brief meeting before heading out and now the rox are the favorites? For what its worth? Lmbao

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Give up everything in the main offer except Scola. THrow in Jared's expiring, the picks, Hill and, unfortunatly for us fans of effort guys, Shane. :(

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5 stars for the sentiment
    1 star for the source. :(

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, I found one random guy from Nevada that tweeted bosh to houston:

sammyreynolds
    :confused:

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

No way we're going to give up both Ariza and Battier. We can offer them expire contract w/ draft picks, can't we? We can offer them Jordan Hill, Jeffries and all of NY picks + Ariza or Battier, can't we?? Isn't that more attractive to them than taking on the salary of those players? We need to keep either Scola or Battier.

18. VictorB

VictorB Member

I just don't see the Raptors wanting Battier. For what reason? Veteran leadership? Their team is going no where next season. They need young cheap players...not a player who is past his prime and is set to make close to 8 million in his last year.

Battier would be better served on our team because he is the type of player that a contending team needs.

I can see them wanting Ariza over Battier simply because of age and contract length. Ariza will give you solid performance for a relativity good price in comparison to what others in the league are getting.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The problem is the source. Is this Fox Sports as in the national brand? Or Fox Sports RADIO in some jerkwater town with a bunch of sports radio hacks speculating?

It's all about context.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What exactly is "NBADaily.Net"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.