1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA D-League FINAL: Iowa Energy Vs. Rio Grande Valley Vipers

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Roxs-Redemption, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Roxs-Redemption

NBA D-League Finals: Iowa Energy Vs. Rio Grande Valley Vipers

Also check yesterday's game story: Vipers win over Iowa
    and the highlight video: Game Recap

-~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-~
    Has anyone seen the Vipers game in the playoffs in the D-League?
    Can the RGV Vipers win their first back-to-back championships!

Well, on this Friday its the Game 3 and its the final game of the season..Which ever team wins, is the champions!!
    -Here is the url for this friday and game details: http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20110429/RGVIWA/gameinfo.html-

Let's go VIPERS, Let's go

Roxs-Redemption

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Jon Scheyer just wins. :grin:

3. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I haven't seen the Vipers play at all so how is Thabeet holding up?

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I don't get the Rockets. They have alot of talent on the Vipers yet they keep signing guys from other teams. Jerel McNeal could be that guy that gives us that scoring punch off the bench.

5. gah

gah Member

Didn't know this, I even though they were in the brink of elimination right around the time Thabeet was sent down there.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Go RVG!!!:grin:

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

wooo hoooooo! at least someone associated with the Rockets can win a title this year :p

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If RGV wins, does Finch get an interview? I mean everybody else is getting it.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

As soon as we were eliminated, we should have sent PatPat, Chase and Hill there.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I went to look at the boxscores. Thabeet's not on their roster. He was called up at the end of the season and the Rockets gave them Cousin instead. Thabeet had averaged 9.0 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.4 blocks while he was there. Cousin has only gotten a couple of minutes.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Cousin was injured.

12. AFS

AFS Member

Hmm, the nbadl website has his stats as 10 points, 8 rebounds, and 2.67 blocks, but the numbers are close enough.

I think he definitely needs to bring that 57% FT shooting up. Also, he's fouling at 3 fouls per 28 minutes. That could come down a bit, but its definitely better than I expected.

13. JuanValdez

That's funny because I literally copy-and-pasted from a nbdl website article. Maybe one of us is including pre-trade stats and the other isn't?

14. AFS

AFS Member

15. JuanValdez

16. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Morey's first achievement so far: a championship in D league.

17. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Vipers are 0-1 with Thabeet in the playoffs.
    5-1 without him.

I've watched all but 1 of the playoff games for the Vipers. They're really a likable team and a great distraction for me now that Rockets season is over.

It's too bad Cousin is injured, he could have been a big help. Vipers fans are really happy Thabeet is off the team.

McNeal had a fantastic game the other night.

The Iowa Energy had 14,063ish fans at game 2 in Iowa. That's insane.

I actually went to the Vipers game 1 of the finals. Three Rowdies and I drove to the Valley on Easter Sunday. It was a shame that it was on Easter because fan attendance was low. We had a great time and talked to Clutch the Bear and Matt Janning afterwards. Also met the GM of the Vipers.

It's been driving me crazy that when these games are aired on Versus, it's a 3 hr delay. I'd rather them just air it on futurecast because a lot of people don't have Versus and it isn't live. A non-live championship series??? really?? Lame. I hope they can win it all tonight!

18. rocketsmetalspd

Been to two of the playoff games. The win against Reno where Cousins got injured in the 3rd quarter and the lost against the Energy where the team was outplayed.

I was able to talk and get an autograph from Morey at the Reno game and told him not to trade Scola. :grin:

19. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Oh by the way, the game is aired not until 12am on Versus. You can watch the play by plays and live box score on the nba d leagues website.

Energy just took the lead 62-61 at the half. I know RGV had a lead of at least 10 at one point.

I think it is so ridiculous that the game is aired 5 hours later (the last one was 3 hrs later). It's really going to make it hard for the d-league to get a good fan base when fans can't even watch the finals live. Fans who may not normally watch the D-league, may watch the finals, but likely not if it airs at 1am ET. When you've got a player like Jon Scheyer, who has quite the fan following from Duke fans, this could really have been a great opportunity to get some new D-league fans.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Man, can't even help a D-league team.