1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com [Open Court: Superstitions] Rocye White OCD??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zzpot, Oct 10, 2012.

1. zzpot

zzpot Member

This thread breaks down to another Royce White talking point with all of his personal issues.

"Historically" (OCD) players have done things in the NBA to get them through the day and the game..... Superstitions and Rituals.

Sorry but I needed to post this after seeing the NBA "The Open Court panel reflect". I hope Royce can figure out what McHale is saying about riding on a plane is the way to go VS a bus ride, but in the end it is up to Royce and his team. The Rockets FO supports him even though it may just be a point of law and political correctness.

the link: Open Court: Superstitions
    The Open Court panel reflect on the routines and common practices

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/10/09/open-court-rule-changers.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

zzpot.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

3. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Has he talked about his OCD? I haven't heard anything about his obsessions or compulsions or any raising of awareness around that disorder. I have wondered if that wasn't something he has put out there to cover him more legally for work accommodations.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Political correctness?

How about the law.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I am sorry but one I don't understand the reference to the NBA open court episode which has absolutely zero to do with White's condition and two, do you even know what OCD means besides the fact Royce has more than 'just' OCD?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He mentions his OCD going hand in hand with GAD in almost every single interview Ive ever seen of his.

I would assume that his OCD was developed as a way of coping with his anxiety. Control your routine and general way of life as much as possible, and that control gives you comfort in your daily way of life or something like that.

Ive never been clinically diagnosed by a doctor, but Ive always been someone even from an early age that gets stressed out easily, and even I developed OCD habits in my youth as a way of keeping from getting stressed out. I remember even when I was just 8 or 9 years old not being able to walk on the cracks of the tile at the mall, and organizing my markers from light colors to dark, and freaking out when my brother would mess them up. Even knowing how I was as a child who had no idea what the term legal meant, I can see how anxiety can trigor OCD habits myself.

OCD mention here is nothing new if you have ever known anything off the court about Royce White in the past 3 years. Im confident it being mentioned lately has nothing to do with his work accomidations.

#6 dobro1229, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012