1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Olajuwon On His Title Run + Top 10 Career Plays

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rookie34, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Olajuwon On His Title Run

Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon discusses his NBA championship run with the Houston Rockets in 1994.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/history/olajuwon_hof_championshiprun.asx&video=blank

Hakeem Olajuwon's Top 10 Career Plays

Check out the Top 10 career plays from Hakeem Olajuwon, featuring an assortment of dunks, tips and blocks.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/top10s_specialties/top10_olajuwon_careerplays.asx&video=blank

Enjoy ... :D

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Naturally, all of the are awesome, but #2 is one of my all-time favorites.#9 is just filthy. People don't remember how nasty Hakeem was as a younger player, because he was such a gentleman later in his career.

3. BleedsRocketRed

Man all of those were just sick. He was the sole reason I started watching basketball and the Rockets in 1990

4. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

First of all, a couple of those plays didn't deserve to be on Hakeems "Top 10 Career Plays", I've seen alot more impressive moves than a couple of those in the video but however I found something a little bit funny with this video. 6 of the plays included either David Robinson, David Robinson or Shaq, that says alot about how great he was and how he stepped up against the best of the best.

Hakeem was the DREAM and will always be!

I really admire Hakeem as a person and a player and I can say this, I wouldn't be a Rocket-fan if it wasn't for Hakeem.

THANKS DREAM!

5. Pete the Cheat

...is there something in your eye Mr. Mooch? well there's something in my eye too...

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

number was was awesome. all time greatest move without a doubt. it exhibits hakeems many many gifts. speed, footwork, finesse and the ability to humiliate.

7. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Wow that was just awesome. In your mind you make Hakeem out to be soooo good that when you see his highlight videos you expect to be a little disappointed, but thats not the case at all instead he is better than you remember.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

No doubt that play #1 was the Ultimate Dream Shake. That highlight is Hakeem's best, he just humiliated Robinson with that move, and I've never seen a basketball player move like that before or since. That Dream Shake was a work of ART.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

My eyes have been watering today from allergies, but this thread didn't help. I miss the hell out of that guy. :(

I always say that if I had to show my kids footage of just one athlete from before their time, it'd be Hakeem. There will never be another like him. Ever.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I agree with the poster above, he had more sick/impressive plays and that just tells you how special he was.

Btw, if it wasn't for Jordan, Hakeem wouldve as much attention as Shaq did in his prime.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The first 4 minute span of this video is one of my favorite times ever as a Rockets fan. Bob Costas was so good for that type of stuff. Brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK0urjLVLrQ

Sorry, embedding is disabled on this video...

12. cson

cson Contributing Member

Great memories! Dream a little Dream for me!!!

also I had forgotten how turrible the Spurs Taco Cabana court was! :D

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the new arena sucks too, ask anybody who's been there.
    AT&T/HEB in the middle of nowhere hood of San Antonio Spurs court.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Man I miss Dream.

15. ToyYodaSender

ToyYodaSender Member

Me too :(

16. DaDream

DaDream Member

what the big deal, I have seen Yao do all the same moves in a game! LOL

17. ToyYodaSender

ToyYodaSender Member

The location of the AT&T Center sucks, but not the arena itself. :D

18. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Please tell me ur just joking right?

19. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

They need to do a highlight reel of just the moves he put on Robinson in the 1995 playoffs.

20. Bruce

Bruce Member

I don't get. Why does Ewing get 13 plays while Dream gets only 10? They should have added some of his buzzer beaters to give him more than Ewing.