1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba.com: No matter outcome, Rockets are winners in this series.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Electro, May 17, 2009.

1. Electro

Electro Member

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/dave_mcmenamin/05/17/lakers.rockets.g7preview/index.html

Yes...

2. Dei

Dei Member

Wha... that's how people see him now?

I'm really happy for Chuck. The guy makes everybody else look amateur.

Truth.

3. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Damn I love this Rockets team. I feel so proud to call myself a Rockets fan.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Hmm... I dunno about that just yet, but AB has definitely gotten respect. He's there with Rondo/Rose, but not CP3 and D-Will.

Good article though.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good read. I'm not ready for this Rockets team to be done for the season.

I hope heart outplays depth tomorrow, but either way, I am proud of the Rockets and proud to be a loyal fan.

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Chuck Hayes = 5 star toughness.

7. felix

felix Member

8. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Regardless of the outcome of Game 7, this Rox team has and will have my utmost respect. There's no question with Yao's attitude and dedication. I wouldn't believe if TMac had not been inspired by their efforts. I hope he would continue focusing on his rehab and come back strong and healthy as a team player next season. By then this team would be scary.

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

dont worry about the future. just enjoy this ride. theres nothing like a game 7

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

God I love this team and I really hope we keep DO EVERYTHING to keep this team the way it is next year. Add a big man and we should look set to take it all. We have a group of humble yet hungry players who I dare say have more heart and soul than any team in the league right now. We are what the league needs right now. Heck we are what America needs. We are showing hard work and how to keep a positive outlook during these tough times. Granted their paychecks make it alot brighter.... but still :D Go Rockets. It's been a long time but it's nice to see this sort of team back on our soil. I haven't seen this type of cohesiveness since the year before we picked up Barkley.

11. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

No matter win or lose, I'm so proud of this team. they played with heart. I really love our team, our guys.

12. BlakeBroussard

Boy, boy... it sure is great to see the mainstream sports media giving the Rockets serious respect all across the board. Maybe even a little more respect than the Rockets deserve in some cases (comparing Brooks to Deron Williams and Chris Paul anyone? hahaha) but I certainly don't mind! Not that I don't think it's fair to classify Aaron Brooks as part of a new generation of young, upcoming stars, he certainly is that, but while I think he can easily be a top 10 PG... I'm gonna wait and watch a little longer before I put him in the same league as Paul. Brooks has a high ceiling, and has the potential to be in the same catagory as pgs like Paul and Williams, but either way, there is no question we've got something really nice in Brooks.

But I digress, it's hard not to be very proud with this Rockets team. I know we would all love a game 7 upset, and it could indeed happen, but all things considered this has been a great season, great postseason, and an incredible series with LA-win or lose there is no reason to be too disappointed, because this team has accomplished and overcome a lot. Houston has developed a scrappy identity and style of play, and won games they were underdogs in all season long; despite the injuries and everything else the Rockets have forged for themselves the heart of a champion and an exciting playoff run. There is no doubt in my mind that regardless of what game 7 holds... the Rockets are winners and we can be proud of what this team has accomplished.

13. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Since it's an NBA.com story, it makes me worry that they are trying to prep. the world for a proctologist job by the referees tomorrow.

Sucks they won't let us have a chance...

14. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

lol. he's no drose nor rondo. not now and never will. He's closer to another young star in Jameer Nelson tho in terms of impact on the court.

15. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Oh thats ****ing bulllshiit, were true winners if we can win at Los Angeles

If we lose, we will be the team that overachieved but did not win

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's what some of them will say,others will undoubtedly talk about the Lakers taking us lightly otherwise it would have never gone to Game 7. None of this will matter,all we have to do is try our best.
    Even if we get blown out,we have overachieved and done much better than expected.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Good article but in my opinion the Rockets are winners only if they show what Rockets Red truly means. What I mean by that is if the refs are going to take over, which they will, I want to see a fight breakout right on the middle of the court. Just show Stern you're not going to take it !!!

I WANT TO SEE ROCKET RED BLOOD ON THE FLOOR !!! :mad:
    Artest needs to hit Kobe with elbows and stop on him with Battier choking him. Wafer needs to grab Vujacic by his hair and drag him across the floor while stomping on his head. Scola needs to headbutt Fisher so hard he will get knocked the f out. Then Luis needs to grab Odom by the neck, kick him in his back where he is really hurt and make him collide with Walton. AB then can start to trample on everybody laying on the floor !!!!

18. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I can't believe I haven't heard this until now, this is hilarious. It takes two to make it outta sight!

20. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Hayes is finally getting the recognition that he deserves. He will still be the guy with no offense but he will still be the guy that holds his own.