1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba.com] Lowry coming of age as solid leader of Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by infinitidoug, Jan 20, 2012.

1. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/fran_blinebury/01/20/rockets-kyle-lowry/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Some cf members: "OOOHHHHH LET'S TRADE FOR DERON WILLIIIAAAMMMSSSSZZZZZZESSS"

3. Know Your Role

ha, yeah he only had 10 points last night, I think he's falling off. We better trade him and that worthless Olympic Gold Medal winning Luis Scola. Then Fire Morey and Mchale. Then get Les to sell the team. Because that is what it takes to get a winning formula and lift the rockets into the finals.

I'm hoping Kyle can get us some attention and get his friends to play down here. KLOW7, Rockets 4 Life.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I thought Allen Ray ran the point on that team, Lowry played the 2-guard, Randy Foye was the 4-guard, and the other one played the 3-guard. Am I remembering wrong?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

For everyone saying how the players don't like or respect management: Lowry doesn't seem to be the case.

The quote above reminds us of how Morey forced Lowry to sign a offer sheet before Morey would counter -- essentially forcing Lowry to prove his market price. Blinebury apparently asked him what he thinks about the difference in his salaries vs his contemporaries.

All Lowry cared about then and cares about now is "Play up." "really, I like it. ... The Rockets gave me a chance to play and to do the thing that I like to do. That's being a leader on the floor. ... That's all I ever wanted, this chance."

"Play up"

I'm sure someone will respond saying that his contract is all he was worth then, so he has to live with it. But, still, Morey didn't negotiate, did he. To me, this attitude sounds like Ginobili ... someone who also was underpaid, but who always like management, his coaches, and his situation (even though Pops never really started him).

In interviews, there are several reasons why Lowry could simply talk about himself and teammates, but he still always manages to thank management for his situation.