1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Harden on All-Decade Team 1st Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Aug 5, 2019.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

Wish Howard had made it hahaha (somehow though Dwight makes NBA2k 2010s first team

2. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

- Play some of the best D in the league for years, including two DPOYs
    - Win NBA Finals MVP with SA, defending LeBron as well as anyone defended Peak LeBron, while shooting 61% himself (and 58% on threes!)
    - Several All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defensive Team selections

Sure, he wasn't an All-Star tor the first half of the decade, but his resume is hardly empty. I'm not sure that there's clearly a better candidate for the fifth spot.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Melo on the second team is a joke.

He is a selfish stat padder with absolutely no interest in winning and his career proves it.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You didnt watch the playoffs lol clearly. They would not have won without him. Toronto was deep and had guys stepping up. It was not all Kawhi. Kawhi actually punked out a couple of games same thing Harden does but other people stepped up and thats the problem with Houston when Harden has a bad game no one else shows up. SO its always "Harden choked".

5. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I did watch the playoffs. I noted before that Gasol played good D and hit some clutch shots. The underwhelming numbers I posted before are also true.

I never said anything about it being all Kawhi, or nobody else showed up. Not sure who you're trying to argue with but I don't think it's me.

#145 PlayBall, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I mean...he's on the all-decade second team with scrubs like Chris Paul. So we essentially have two of the top 10 nba players over the last decade on the same team, but as opposed to last year, they're both still in their prime basketball years.

Interesting when you think about Golden State having two of the top 5 all-decade players still in their prime (plus a couple of all-stars in Green and Thompson). It's pretty incredible how close we came the year before last, when they were at full strength.

7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, I noticed that too...it’s so out of hand

the disrespect is real

D-rock likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's two fold.

1) The disrespect is real and that is annoying.

2) The media DENIES it, even though it is thrown in our face. Basically pissing in your face and telling you it is raining.

peleincubus, joshuaao, Nook and 2 others like this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You could make a long list of things that are a part of LeBron’s game that are legitimately top 10, hell even top 3, for the decade.

Shooting?

Come on...

And to be honest Harden really is no different. Both are otherworldly scorers. Not dead eye shooters.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would agree, except for Harden's degree of difficulty on his 3 pointers. No one is more efficient at shooting unassisted 3's as the Beard has been, ever.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Too many Rockets legends on there.

[​IMG]

D-rock, Nook and BigShasta like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Only Harden is wearing red while all others are in white, the media just love to make him the villain by wearing the Chinese communist red color as a Rockets leader.

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

harden is a 10 year mvp, it just so happens that he will share the honor with the other four players on the all decade team. so get over it. ok!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Lol! Maybe after the first preseason game. But just to practice, " how does curry make it over Mr triple double!"