1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Harden on All-Decade Team 1st Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't believe Giannis Antetokounmpo is on any of the 3 teams. What has he done to deserve it? Shouldn't you have to have a stretch of outstanding years during the decade? Ridiculous.

2. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I hate Kobe and the Lakers, and am really depressed at myself having to argue his side, but Harden > Kobe at this point is frankly stupid.

And with that, I'm done defending that confirmed @sshole and probable rapist.

smp likes this.
  3. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

And how many times did Kobe play against the greatest team ever assembled?

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

again, the rockets could not beat them in ONE GAME without Durant, please do not overlook the dominating series Durant had until that ONE GAME. And Toronto didn't just beat a Durantless Warrior team, they got the upper hand because klay missed time as well. Not only that but Looney was hurt and did not play. That is 3 starters who missed significant time vs Durant missing 1 and a half games. Yah I think that is a huuuuge differentiation

5. biff17

biff17 Member

I never dismissed winning unlike Kobe, Harden has never had a losing record.

I don't care how many defensive teams Harden has been, what is Kobe's overall winning percentage, how !any times has he missed the playoffs?

Since winning means so much to you.

Denovo likes this.
  6. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

LOL now you're trying to make the point that winning is where Harden trumps Kobe? That's hysterical.

I'm done with this. Have a good one.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wow, get lost rook

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If curry-harden-kawhi-Lebron-Durant was a starting 5.....

They’d all have “quiet” 30 point games every night on 80% shooting

PlayBall likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

1. Harden is better than Kobe. You can't understate the influence the NBA has on it's players and Kobe was the designated 'Next Jordan' from his rookie year, played in LA, played with Shaq....Harden absolutely is better.

2. She got a big mouth.

Also, having Kawhi in a Toronto uniform is straight up disrespectful to San Antonio. And you could argue that Durant should have an OKC uni on there too.

10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

People forget defense counts in the NBA. that's why Hakeem is so much better than Ewing, not even in the same class and it's because of Defense.

jch1911 likes this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol did u look at the numbers. I'm not denying kwahi isnt a better player, but if they were to retire right now melo a hall of famer. Kwahi just isnt rn. For a 10 year player melo has been the better player. Kwahi didnt even crack 20 a game

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

This is 5 years old, but is defense for court awareness is still the same. His low post defense is All NBA though due to this THICKNESS

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro let it die lol. Kobe is better then harden lol..by every metric. Again that's no slight...its kobe freaking Bryant

PlayBall and smp like this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It’s actually very much the opposite. Harden is better by just about every metric. Very easy to check all that stuff. Statistically Kobe has very little to stand on in the comparison.

The ringzzzz argument, fact that he was a life long Laker(spotlight and career of overratedness) and reputation as a lockdown defender is pretty much the only “legit” talking points the pro Kobe guys have to stand on at this point.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If Kawhi doesn't win a ring against the injured Warriors, I don't think he even makes the 3rd team.

This lost me with the first graphic.

Paul deserves it over him. Possibly Anthony Davis too. This list should be about personal dominance, not about team success.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

That doesnt make any sense at all bro, having no prep time to prepare doesnt make things easier, thats a flawed assumption out the gate.

As to the supporting cast are you forgetting Gasol, Siakm, Danny Green, Fred Van Fleet. Yea you can say "but no all stars" but its really not true he had probably one of the strongest supporting casts in the NBA and they beat an injured Warriors team. Siakm could have been an all star, he gave him all star level production in the POs.

jch1911 likes this.
  17. photojoe

photojoe Member

Does this surprise anyone?

It shouldn't

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lol no.

Harden blows Kobe away in nearly all metrics and frankly it isn’t close.

19. smp

smp Member

Make the statement that Harden is better than Kobe anywhere outside of Houston and you will be laughed at hysterically. Come on. Harden has a lot of work to do if he wants to be remembered in the same realm as Kobe and MJ.

At this point he's closer to Tmac than Kobe. He's in the Barkley, Stockton, Malone, tier if his career ended right now. 1 finals appearance. Lot's of regular season success. Couldn't get over the hump and defeat the hot team of his time period.

I hope that changes this year though. The championship drought has been loooooooooooong.

PlayBall likes this.
  20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think that if the main option of the team your facing disappears it's in your benefit to not give them time to come up with a new gameplan. that's pretty obvious imo

all i said was he had one all star, which is technically correct. the best kind of correct. you can argue some of harden's role players gave him all star production in the post season despite not being literally all stars too

HP3 likes this.