1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba cheated the players and the fan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I feel exactly the same way the players on our team are feeling. They know and we know that they got cheated last year in the playoffs. I have always watched every single rockets game for the last 10 years...so far this year, I already missed the opening and 3 other games. The feeling of getting cheated and knowing that you are playing in a rigged system can do a number on you.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Its rough out here for Houston fans. Feels like we been punched in the balls repeatedly for the last 6 months.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

100% with you I got offered free tickets to game a few nights ago and I turned them down. Cuz I just don’t want to support the NBA anymore.

Every year they change rules to favor warriors and hurt the Rockets. It’s unreal the bias towards us.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I haven't been watching games lately, when you are a young kid. I thought it was a clean system, turns out gambling Illuminati mafias are running leagues. Really the whole world of sports is rigged in some ways.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pretty clear that the new freedumb of movement rules are meant to draw in more interest on a leaguewide basis -- more high scoring games and upsets = more people drawn into betting

this league is run by fuking whores, plain and simple.

clutchdabear, Tfor3, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Oh yeah...they been changing bs rules for the last 3 years against harden...who the f does that?

KDavis, ClutchCity3, ak99999 and 4 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why they have been boycotting in the first 6 games this year.

solodolo11, RyanB and joeson332 like this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

"Freedom of movement" is just this decades "shortening of the 3pt line"

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

-What quitters say.

I'll keep watching and going to games. This is my team.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Like most everything in life... its about greed...

No companies (and many people) are ever happy to carve out a niche and make a good income... its always more more more... and then they end up killing the golden goose outta greed...

In the case of the NBA.... yeh, they're making huge profits - but they'd make more if these teams are in the finals... gotta expand the fan base for growth - so since casual fans dont enjoy defense - gotta ramp up the scoring...

business, politics, tv...whatever... its all about pandering to the ignorant masses...

Rockets4Life13, KDavis, Y2JT and 6 others like this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...how dare there set it up so Paul pulled up lame. How dare they force the Rockets to miss 27 consecutive 3 pointers.

fryjol7, Y2JT, SWTsig and 3 others like this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Just stop with the 27th missed threes argument. Harden got fouled on at least 4 of those and he even made one that they decided would not count. Easy to look at stats and say we missed 27 threes, but if you actually watched the game us missing threes was not the reason we lost.

Being at game 7 I never even knew we missed that many in a row. Plus warriors were playing like b@#%$% that game. One of the worst halves of basketball I've ever seen KD play. They were afraid of the moment, they were about to choke until Scott Foster stepped up.

14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

They don't understand that the refs took away harden inside game and that therefore takes away the rockets offense.

KDavis and hakeem94 like this.
  15. bobrek

Missing 27 consecutive 3 points was not the reason they lost? It was certainly a major contributing factor.

The NBA did not conspire to make the Rockets lose. Bad shooting and an unfortunate injury to Paul are the primary reasons they lost.

Y2JT, HakeemOnlyFan and ak99999 like this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Once again we did not miss 27 threes. If they call those fouls or count the shots we make it not even close to 27 miss threes.

Not to mention the way the game was officiated the Rockets had to settle for threes cuz they went to basket and got no calls. Just watch that Eric Gordon drive again. Webber even claimed he got fouled twice but no call.

GotGame15, Richie_Rich, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

How are you supporting the NBA by using free tickets? o_O

I mean, I get the sentiment and all, but... :confused:

clutchdabear and el gnomo like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he donates his time even if tickets are free

and time is money

Roc Paint, clutchdabear and RHU525 like this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

I feel like rockets supporters forget there was finals series to be played. We didnt win nothing and until we do lets start acting like we have something to win as this core group. Hate to say it but nobody handed warriors nothing they simply are greatest team ever assembled and even after 4 consecutive finals trips they still look hungry. On the other hand our squad in those first few games looks full of themselfs just after wcf. Lets not be losers please and lets fight

Wommy and WhoDatStrosfan like this.
  20. bobrek

Hmmmm..The Rockets DID miss 27 consecutive 3 pointers. Regardless of whether or not a foul should have been called, the fact remains, they missed 27 consecutive 3 point attempts. It's in the record books.

Do you really, really, really think a bunch of NBA executives gathered in a secret meeting and decided the fans wanted to see a 4th consecutive Warriors/Cavaliers matchup and rigged things so that Chris Paul got hurt and the Rockets missed 27 consecutive 3s? (because they did miss 27 consecutive 3s).