1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Awards to be announced AFTER the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

We'll probably know by May who's getting what

Though its worked for the MLB

2. jayfree

jayfree Member

The decision part deux

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

the nba should do the awards together with the draft. two birds...

"and the award for the most valuable player goes to... james harden... and with the first pick, houston rockets select..."

*clutchfans shut down

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

WHAT THE HELL?? Well that is the worst thing I've ever heard in the history of already meaningless awards. The only reason I care is to get some recognition for the Rockets, which they are already getting, and to add some fuel to the potential match-up with OKC. Taking the award away from the fans all for some cash is just plain selfish. The MVP should be celebrated in front of the home crowd after the regular season. Who's going to care after the play-offs. If I'm Harden, I wouldn't show up to the show even....by that point only the championships are happy. Nobody in their right mind is going to be happy with an award after getting bounced from the play-offs....just wow......

So what they think is going to happen, Harden, Russ, KD, Kahwi & Lebron in attendance. Warriors / Spurs crowned and the MVP award goes to: Westbrook. Speech: "This means a lot to me, Kahwi / KD as finals MVP, they are more deserving but I'll take it. I'm a competitor uhmm..Harden's my boy and was great this year, even though we lost 2-4 to the Rockets in the 1st round, it's all love...Lebron best player in the league, hats off to him..." I really hope whoever gets that award doesn't kiss ass and is just arrogant as hell and even mocks the way these are awarded. If it's Harden, I hope he mentions how Olajuwon's fire got lit by Robinson's MVP ceremony in 1995 and how he wishes it would've been like that for the opponent they (would've) faced in the WCF just to embarrass them. Says how he was worthy in 2015 etc.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

It's a terrible decision. Nobody cares about the MVP if they've already been eliminated from the playoffs so unless you win the title too, nearly all of the recognition you would have gotten is gone.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

How has it worked for MLB? I don't watch baseball so I have no idea how they've done it.

7. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

This should motivate James to turn up another level in the playoffs. Shut the critics up and bring two trophies home.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Right. I don't like this. . .. cause this means people will change their minds etc

Rocket River

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

THats dumb. I'll be in baseball mode by then and forget about it.

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I was actually hoping for it to go to Westbrook in front of Harden, and somehow have the Rockets face the Thunder in the second round. Then have Harden pull a Hakeem and toast the league en route to a title.

11. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I think anything which makes the league's TV contract more profitable is better for the players, the teams, and the fans. I can see an ESPY's type of show with fans choice, players choice, and the league awards. The more money the teams have, the more they can invest in facilities, players, etc.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

after the nba season is over nobody really cares. having an espy's type of show doesn't make much sense. The first year they did the players award show was pretty much a gimmick. Notice how they didn't do it again. This idea is just plain stupid

Reeko likes this.
  13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

This would be the worst way possible to end the season.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

how ? votes have to be in before the Playoffs

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no he won't, the MVP will already be voted on

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Ballots have to be in by April 10th

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Man you guys really take this MVP thing personally... I don't see a problem its the same thing the NFL does

18. MystikArkitect

The NFL approves this move. Why don't we just announce it after free agency? Maybe let the agents know ahead of time so they can leak it and it can be of use during free agency?

While we're at it let's push the draft to August.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I feel bad for Harden.

It's like you're at a company and one year everyone's saying you'll win employee of the year for your hard work but instead the boss' son win the award over you even though, you've worked harder than anyone in the company and it's just he was set up to succeed.

The next year you are sick but is still checking in to get work done without taking any sick days and at the end, no one recognizes your work.

Now this year comes up and you're working just as hard the other guy who is competing with you for the award and even though, you're producing more efficient and effective product, all the managers are marveling at the other guy because he's more charming.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I don't see what the big deal is. This how the MLB does it, and if I'm not mistaken the NFL does it right before the Super Bowl.