1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-Time Greatest Teams Bracket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by debaser, Sep 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. debaser

debaser Member

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Was just about to post this.

Please, go vote!!!

3. alethios

alethios Member

The voting tells me there's some misguided souls out there. The Rockets team is better by far than the Spurs team. Time for the righteous to rise up!

4. Coherent

Coherent Member

Man, that warriors team is getting jewed. They are easily the 3rd or 4th best team on the bracket

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rox with only 41.5% of the vote, come on Clutchfans !!

DD

6. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

funny how only two of these 'games' are remotely close.

7. Ditty

Ditty Member

Hakeem>>Robinson
    Duncan>>Barkley
    Gervin>Tomjanovich
    Ginobili=Drexler-drexler may get the slighter edge because he averaged more
    Murphy=Parker

it's pretty even tbh but of course there is alot more spurs fans than rockets fans look at how big the lakers are winning :eek:

it will probably be the lakers vs spurs in the last round

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not really its that the spurs have been far more prominent in the last decade than the rockets winning championships and 4 of their starting 5 were on those championship teams, heck 3 of their 5 is on their current roster.

its all about 'what have you done for me lately' i would the average fan that goes to espn for their sporting news has no clue who murphy is or the type of player rudy t was but they know parker, manu, duncan and robinson...gervin is a top 50 player so they would have heard of him...no surprise that they are ahead by a wide margin

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

drexler >> ginobili

not even close to equal, might as well say robinson is as good as dream.
    I'd love to see manu lead his team to the finals without duncan or parker.

10. Ditty

Ditty Member

if you look at numbers defintley drexler better than ginobili ..I never saw drexler play when he was with the blazers but I know he had porter and robinson and was probably the number one option from what his numbers showed..ginobili only averaged once more than 30 minutes a game his whole career which he averaged close to 20 ppg and drexler his whole career averaged more than 30 minutes per game and posted about the same numbers so IMO there even, and that finals statement is funny cause he surely didn't lead the rockets to the finals himself and had some good players when he was with the blazers

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Drexler was a better defender, better rebounder, better playmaker, and better scorer than Ginobili...it's not close, Mr. Spurs Troll.

12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Keep this going.

Posted ito the Houston Rockets FB page too to hopefully get our votes up!!!

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

41.8 % my ass, I just voted but I hate these ESPN polls, all it is teenagers voting, so it's who ever has the better name recognition which is why the Lakers will probably win

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that rockets team makes little sense

15. sandiegorocket

Drexler was named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history. If you expanded the list to 64 to include the 1 new player for each year since the original came out, Ginobili still wouldn't be close to sniffing it. He's not even one of the top 64 players since 1990.

16. Ditty

Ditty Member

lmao are you serious ginboili is one of the most underrated defenders in the league,better shooter than drexler,lol saying he's a better playmaker yah right,scorer of course he is the number 1 option yall claim when he was in portland,ginobili was the number 1 option in 2008 and he put up almost 20 points per 30 minutes,drexler whole career was over 30 minutes a game...like I said one's not better than the other

17. Ditty

Ditty Member

and...alright because yall get so butthurt rocket fans ill put drexler in front on ginobili :p because he has put up great numbers as a blazer :grin:

18. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

The bull are whipping the magic, and even I saw Jordan, Pippen, et. al. and voted for them. Then I looked a little more closely at who's on the magic:: I'm not really sure the Bulls could beat them. A prime T-Mac+Shaq+Grant Hill+Penny Hardaway. that's a pretty ridiculous team the magic have there. Too bad 3 of those guys got screwed by injuries.

19. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Should have voted TMac to start and they'd be winning...actually, it would have been better if Yao was in the lineup.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people are just voting the higher seed for the most part.