1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA ALL Greatest Teams Bracket - Vote for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 1, 2006.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/features/nbaLineup

This is basically a playoff bracket with 8 teams all time lineup. We are against the Warriors in the first round and that's one we should win by a landlide...make sure you vote for the Rockets all the way through so we can win this vote.

I don't think we deserve the 3 seed in the West....I believe we should be the 2 seed behind the All Time Lakers, but they managed to put us behind the spurs as usual.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

yaos not on our roster.... amazing....

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You would rank Yao ahead of Moses, Sampson, or Dream? Cause I wouldn't.

I would replace Cassell with Drexler though.

Edit: They don't want players appearing more than once, so I understand why they didn't put Drex on the Rockets.

#3 arkoe, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

we can own, GS, and then we'd beat anyone coming off the spurs/suns. Our frontline is just sick, hakeem, moses, sampson, hayes.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Call me crazy, but I think you got to find room for Yao on the team. Then you can run a 3 man PF/C rotation with Dream, Moses, and Yao.

Yao and Dream would form a fearsome defensive tandem with Yao clogging up the middle and Dream wreaking havoc on the weakside. With a lineup of Yao and Moses, that would be a formidable offensive tandem with Yao operating on the low block and Moses gobbling up all the offensive boards

And you sure as hell could use an extra big (and extra-big) guy like Yao when you go up against the Lakers with Kareem and Shaq.

6. compucomp

compucomp Member

I'd put Yao ahead of Sampson. His production declined and then completely fell off a cliff after three excellent years at the beginning of his career, and this year Yao's numbers were at least as good as Sampson's best.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sampsra01.html

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's about the best season, Sampson's best season was 1985, Yao can't match 82 games, 22 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

wow Lakers are stacked :eek:

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only team in the west that is better than the All-Time Rockets is the Lakers.

The Eastern Conference is nuts though! The Celtics, Knicks, 76ers, Pistons and Bulls are all scary.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

2 players can't be on the same team I guess.

It's gonna be LA and Boston in the Finals w/ LA winning it all, they have it all:

Magic
    Kobe
    West
    Worthy
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Baylor

Vs.

Cousy
    Pierce
    Havlicek
    Bird
    McHale
    Russell
    Parrish

#10 gucci888, May 1, 2006
    Last edited: May 1, 2006
  11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Lol check out this...nothing against Robinson but....

And now Dream's...

Hmmm...why are the Spurs ranked higher again?

12. Omer

Omer Member

Good find, I voted for Rockets of course.

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL imagine if there was away to actually watch this playoff.

But yeah Boston & Lakers are stacked!

Philly is another team that is pretty damn scary too as they got Iverson, Cheeks in the backcourt and a frontcourt of Erving, Barkley and Wilt! :eek: But unfortunately only wilt is over 6-9 on that team, so if he ever got into foul trouble they'll have some problems (yes I know he never fouls out).

I actually think Houston is one of the better teams because they have arguably the top Big men rotation with Hakeem, Moses & sampson. Their backcourt with the exception of T-mac pales in comparison to the other teams however.

Detroit Like Chicago has a great backcourt and great forwords but lack dominant centers and powerforwards. I personally would've rather have Hinrich on the chicago team than Duhon, as Hinrich is a better playmaker superior defender and plays better without the ball.

14. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I'm sure one day Yao will have a season that is good enough to pass RS on this list but if this were a real team Yao would never see any time, not behind Dream and Malone.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Personally I would give the Rockets the slight edge. But a case can be made either way.

I think the Rockets have a slight advantage at the center/powerforward spots
    with Dream/Moses/Sampson but the spurs have three all time greats with Gervin, Drob and Duncan.

I guess the question is does the guard/forward of Smith/Murphy/T-mac = Ginobli/Parker/Gervin.

The question really is which teams has the best frontlines and which has the best backcourt/wing players, since we already know the lakers and Boston has the best team.

16. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Call me crazy but I would have had Yao and Horry over Sampson and Hayes just for what they did and have done with the Rockets, not just overall career.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Final its the Dream , Yao and Horry V. Mike and the Bulls!!! I would love to see this one.

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If you look at the specific year for which they were chosen I think it's really no contest, as the Rockets have 4 players who averaged double-doubles for that particular season in Hakeem, Moses Malone, Sampson and Evlin Hayes. And then you have Rudy T who was one rebound shy of a double-double so that's basically 5 guys who averaged double doubles to the Spurs three (counting Kenon). Our backcourt would be a little bit closer by comparison, so it'd probably come down to the frontline, in which case, numbers speak for themselves.

19. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

The Rockets can go to the Western Semi-final but I have to vote for the Lackers in the Western Final... a team with Kobe and Shaq/Kareem off the bench??? I am willing to pay $10,000. to watch the final of the Celtics Vs the Lakers!

20. declan32001

declan32001 Member

It is the offseason, isn't it? I get the no-duplication thing and any fan of the NBA would go Lakers vs. Celtics, but that Lakers team would just kill the Celtics. I don't even have a single match-up that I could give Boston assuming everyone's in their prime.

I'd be inclined to say maybe Baylor vs. Russell or McHale, but all Elgin would have to say is "look behind you" and, well that negates any positives I can see.

I've never hated the Lakers even when I resented the hell out of them, but if anyones's willing the entertain the idea of Jabbar playing PF next to Shaq it's impossible not to throw in the towel.

You'd have to go George Karl and draft the all-time bombers in history just to have a chance against the percentages.

Regarding the Rox team I'd have to tweak before hitting either of those squads, but no prayer seems realistic to me.

As the rosters stand Lakers, it's the Lakers in a walk. They really should have left Kareem in Miluakee with the Big "O". Then I could at least attempt a few arguments. But, pfft.