1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

So youre saying the game messed with you? lol

2. Htown's2kFinest

Kyle Lowry- Best PG on the team. Good mid-range shot, draws fouls, and plays lock down D.

Jeffries was added to the rotation and makes this team even better with his length and defense. I played a guy trying to run with the Mavs with Dirk but JJ kept him in check the whole game. He locks it down.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I like the game alot. But the one thing I wish they let us do is letting the player hire assistant coaches as head coach.

4. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

That bugs the hell out of me. After the game, the reporters would be like "Yea people are complaining about your D and blah blah blah." That glitch has to be the worst glitch in MyPlayer.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Anybody see the glitch at the "Halftime Report" where they show the other games going on in the NBA, no matter what team it is the picture is always gonna be of Jrue Holiday. It's quite amusing.

6. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

No joke dude it pisses me off when that happens!

Hey, so do created players have to have nicknames now? My friend has 2k10 and says the commentators say the actual name but in 2k11 its always a nick name. and the nicknames are whack!

7. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

If you pick a name that they have recorded audio for, the commentators will pronounce that name. If you don't, they'll use the nickname.

I agree, it sucks (the nicknames really are whack), I liked it better when they said "Number x..." last year.

edit: The press conferences are a cool idea but giving 4 very vague descriptions of the answers is definitely not the way to go. I'm trying to create my PF somewhat like a 6'10" Chuck Hayes with excellent athleticism. After one game I was asked why I was dominated on the boards by my match-up. I thought the "Arrogant" answer would mean flipping the reporter off but no - it was something like "I'm not a banger, I'm a finesse player, there are other players who are men, I'm not one of them". What?! Wanted to punch my player in the face, LOL.

By the way, anyone had your team come to you asking which players they should target?

edit2: another change in the commentating department, unexplainable and for the worse, is that the commentators won't mention your player when discussing the league leaders in a particular statistical category. Like they would show the leading rebounders in the league, and my player would be the only one in the top 5 out of teams of the particular game, and then they wouldn't mention him. Why?! They did this last year, who in the development team thought it would be a good idea to take that out?

#927 eMat, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Okay guys. I made a crew. It'd called CLUTCHFANS(all caps)

my PSN is rocketsfan05

9. arjun

arjun Member

ya its gay!

10. arjun

arjun Member

joined it but no one else is there besides u!

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

So I'm playing the Association mode, 10 mins/quarter on HOF difficulty with a scrubby 76ers team.

Somehow I managed a 32-8 record with an average of about 150 points per game. This is exactly like previous NBA Lives... with the exception that my opponents are scoring 130+ppg as well.

I don't see much difference than Live on the Association mode.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

That's why I posted it, it needs more members.

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

invite me!

Tonaaayyyy

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

H2k, do u work for the 2k sports franchise? Just wondering.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I just ordered the game, got it brand new for $48 on ebay includes shipping.

I heard you can upload your own music? Thought it'd be cool to get the FSN music and play it during half time or something to make it feel like a rockets broadcast. I actually hate that song though, it reminds me of watching highlights after the rockets just lost a heartbreaker.

16. Steve_Francis_rules

I just bought it as well, for $49 from half.com. I'm really looking forward to playing.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL! Ya, I found out the Arogant choice is just about NEVER a good one. I thought it would be my team being more arrogant, but it was me bragging etc....

As for the nick names, they suck. I remember playing a baseball game like 4 years ago, that gave you the option to select from a list of names that they had pre recorded to make it best match what you had put as the name.

Say you made your last name something like Keen, they would have Keane or King pre recorded, and when they said it it sounded like what you wanted (with your name on the jersey).

2K has not got this part of the game right yet. I'm running around as "the kid"....smh.

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It's an agonizing wait...my seller just shipped it today meaning i wont get it until next week :(

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Some pleaseeeeeeeee confirm this! I HATE THE SOUNDTRACK ON THIS GAME! Especially that one song that goes "ME GOING BROKE IS LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN GETTING BRAIDS" Gahh. Half the time I'm playing this game with my volume turned all the way down.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member