1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11 vs NBA 2k12 vs NBA 2k13???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aggie87, Nov 19, 2012.

1. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I have 2k11 and played it to death, best 2k I ever played...

but 2k12 was too hard so I ended up selling it after a few hours...

I hear 2k13 is terrible with the complicated shooting and lack of defense

is 2k11 really the best recently????

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Personal preference. I loved 2k11, loved 2k12 even more. 2k13 is amazing once you get past the slight learning curve.

Walmart is selling it for $25 on brown thursday (pre black friday)

to each their own though

3. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I really enjoy 2k13. The shooting is different, but once you get used to it, I find it much better. The defense in 2k13 is better than the last 2 in that you can actually stay in front of the offensive player. And there aren't ridiculous blocks where Javale McGee jumps 25 feet to get to the ball.

However, 2k13 game is much more enjoyable with the shooting and offensive rebounding sliders turn down a bit. If they are on normal sliders, everyone makes everything (I'm talking like 65% shooting in a game) and the CPU gets off. rebs like crazy.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If I remember correctly, the one offensive move you needed in 2k11 was the pump fake. Lead passes also led to a basket nearly 100% of the time (although maybe this was 2K12).

I played the hell out of all 3. I don't know if I really prefer any one over the others.

I have no patience so I just made the controls go back to how they usually are, and I enjoyed it immediately.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

In 2k11 the Euro and the hopstep were the undefendable moves. I mean I liked 2k11 because of the online leagues but in terms of gameplay 2k13 is the best.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

Where did you see this? And is this online or in stores? Ive been wanting to get this game for a while. $25 is a definite sign.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  8. ashiin

ashiin Member

[​IMG]

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

NBA 2K13 > NBA 2K11 > NBA 2K12

2K13 is monumentally better than any recent 2K game. Anybody who's saying it's terrible, clearly is struggling with the slight learning curve and simply can't play the game. It's really just a great game. 2K11 was the best in terms of game mode options, but if we're talking gameplay....look no further than 2K13