1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nate Jaqua (USA-Norway)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Zac D, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Anyone else as impressed with this huge fellow as Puedlfor and I were?

And how about Clint Dempsey? Nacogdoches!

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That guy looked kind of akward. Don't get me wrong he was good and has a good touch but he's like a stick.

And that was probably the best I've seen Dempsy play with the US squad.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Was there a friendly today?

Dang it, I got to pay more attention.

DD

4. rocketball8

rocketball8 Contributing Member

DD

Here is the rest of the national team schedule leading up to the World Cup so you want have to miss any more.

02/10/2006 8:00 PM PT Live on ESPN2
    U.S.A. vs. Japan SBC Park (San Francisco)

02/19/2006 2:00 PM CT Live on ESPN2
    U.S.A. vs. Guatemala Pizza Hut Park (Frisco, Texas)

03/01/2006 2:00 PM ET Live on ESPN2
    U.S.A. vs. Poland Fritz-Walter-Stadion (Kaiserslautern, Germany)

03/22/2006 2:00 PM ET Live on ESPN2
    U.S.A. at Germany Westfalenstadion (Dortmund, Germany)

As far as the game today, it was a very well played game by the USA. I am getting so excited for this summer and hope that the good ol boys from the red white and blue can have another great game.

My wife got me tickets to the Guatemala game for my birthday here in Dallas. I hope that Bruce plays Freddy Edu so I can get a chance to see the kid play. Is there any one else going to any games?

5. Zac D

That's what I mean. He looked awkward as hell, but he didn't play like it. Pretty cool.

Ditto.

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

the US looked good today, then again, we were playing Norway. i caught most of the game, flipped back and forth between Rockets timeouts.

7. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I didn't see much of Jaqua since after the game was 4-0 I started flipping to watch Tiger at the Buick, but when I've seen him play for the Fire I've usually come away impressed. He's still very raw, but he's got alot of potential, however he's been injury prone throughout his MLS career.

As many have mentioned already, I thought Dempsey was brilliant playing wide right, a spot that we need someone to step up and take. I also like Todd Dunivant at LB, got forward well and had a couple of assists, and he could help out with set pieces with his left foot.

8. RocketFan007

Ever seen Peter Crouch?

[​IMG]

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That was a very good game. It was good to see a forward other than McBride and Johnson have a good game.

I'll be going to the Guatamala game and sitting with Sam's Army.

10. Zac D

Oh, for sure, man. His free kicks were just magnificently placed.

I'm sort of upset that a lot of these guys aren't going to get to play in the World Cup.

11. RocketFan007

Isn't that a good thing though? For the first time in our history as a soccer nation, we can look at guys and say, "Damn, they're really good, but not good enough to make our squad."

12. haven

haven Member

(1) Don't care for Jaqua. He's...ermm...not a natural finisher and not ridiculously good in the air. So that removes him from the pure striker position. Neither is he all that skilled or pacey. He's a decent player, but no more than filler.

(2) Dempsey is a great AMC - that can't pass. What that makes him is a matter of some interest, given that he's one of those players that you just want on the field no matter what. Not sure where you put him, though.