1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nash to Houston at the end of his contract?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Nov 30, 2007.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/us_sport/article2977138.ece

From Times Online
    November 30, 2007

Steve Nash responds
    The Phoenix Suns point guard, one of the world’s leading basketball players, answers our readers' questions
    First of all, thanks for to The Times for showing the link to my Youtube ad and for putting me in touch with basketball fans from all over the world.

I enjoyed seeing your questions and hope I've answered them satisfactorily for you. Steve

Q. Is there any amount of money that could bring you back to a Texas ball club? Jerry & Barbara Curry, Wild Wild West

A. First of all, I'm happy in Phoenix. But I'd have no problem going back and playing for a team in Texas, even the Mavericks! It's not as though there was some irreconcilable divorce with Dallas, it was just best for me to move on at that time. I was wanted more in Phoenix, that's the way it is in sports. But if Phoenix doesn't want me one day, I have nothing against considering one of the Texas teams.

It sounds like he would be interested in playing in Houston in 2 or 3 years as well as Dallas or SA.

2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah but notice how he said "But if Phoenix doesn't want me one day".

If I was Phoenix, I wouldn't give a care in the world what it costs, I WOULD KEEP Steve Nash. Barbosa is not good enough to run that offense. Nash it makes it work.

However, we would be unstoppable lol.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

awesome! let me hold my breath for the next 3 years so we can sign a 36 year old steve nash! I can't wait!

4. MaxwellsTemper

Exactly. PHX would be stupid to not keep Nash.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

To summarize: Nash will consider all his options when his contract is up.

6. battousai

battousai Member

not sure how many of you have heard this, but during the game rockets vs lakers.

Magic johnson said at the half-time TNT report that the window of opportunity is closing very very quickly on the Suns and on Nash.

Nash has been declining this year comparing him to the last two seaons. Not to mention the whole marion chaos which it will be an issue this off season again.

I don't know how many PG would be able to play pass their age at this point as Nash.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

And we may be his 4th choice!!!

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Say what?

[​IMG]

Combining points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, he's still 0.1 statistical points above last year and 0.2 above the previous year. This is while playing a minute less and shooting abso-freaking-lutely God-like percentages. Yes, his turnovers are up, but I would venture a guess that they usually are early in the season.

There's absolutely no evidence to argue that he's declining.

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

What about his hair?

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I highly doubt he plays at that level three years from now.

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I've seen no evidence of this. As a serious basketball fan, you have to formulate you own opinion rather than listening to guys like Magic Johnson. He really isn't the best analyst for this type of stuff.

13. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

3 years from now he might not be at that same level but he would still be one of the best pgs in the league...and someone that can hit over 50% of his 3's...imagine that alongside yao and tmac :D

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah, and his name will be Aaron Brooks, The Future.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

what a generalization
    it has as much chance of him playing san antonio

16. kwng

kwng Member

I agree with your statement. Aaron Brooks should be getting some PT to
    speed up his learning curve.

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

By the way, him stating he "has nothing against" coming to play for one of the Texas teams is just slightly different that saying he has interest in playing in Houston.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

But it wouldn't be the first time they have let him go...

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or LA or NY

he only talked about texas teams because that's what he was asked about

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It is unlikely he will even be playing in a few years, but if he is and the Suns still haven't won a championship, it is likely they will look in another direction.

If the Rockets continue to be a top-tier team and Nash is still interesting in playing at that point, he would likely be much more affordable and perhaps interested in putting the Rockets over the edge.

Despite kicking Yao during the game two nights ago, him and Yao have developed some kind of friendship off the court.

I just thought it was an interesting comment by Nash, regardless of the circumstances, and figured it would be an interesting topic.