1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nancy Pelosi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I see her name mentioned in GOP candidates press releases all the time, always in the context of "Pelosi will take over if you don't vote GOP!" Most recently, that Collins guy who got arrested by the FBI and had to quit his re-election bid mentions Pelosi in his statement of withdrawal. How did she become such a mythical monster instead of just another Democratic Congressional leader?

I get targeting the President when you are the opposition party-- people tend to have an opinion on the President. But Congressional leader? Do most voters really think that much about Nancy Pelosi?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

plastic surgery

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

You combine the words "liberal" and "California" or "New York" and it's chum for the red crowd.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

As a white man, Nancy scares me.

@Os Trigonum this is fun

Invisible Fan, B-Bob and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as a clutchfan, I hope you retire a Rocket

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have been voting against her for a while but to no avail, so far.

She's just a bona fide established villain for the right wing, like Doc Octopus or Lex Luthor or someone like that -- needs no introduction.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pelosi has needed to go for a very long time. I had harbored a faint hope that the Democratic House members might rise up and push her to the side before the election, but it'll have to be after. I'll bet $20 bucks for the tip jar that she won't be the speaker after my party takes back the House, the members have been sworn in, and the leadership voted upon. Pelosi will be taking a very well deserved retirement from a leadership position, in my opinion. Well deserved as in it can't happen soon enough. Any takers? I just hope her hanging on by her fingernails doesn't cost us a seat or two. It shouldn't. There is a wave building up, folks, and it's going to land on the GOP like a ton of bricks.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It’s as idiotic and simplistic as this. There’s no nuance or policy position. It’s just that she’s a she...she’s a liberal...she’s from San Francisco, CA.

That said...it’s time for the Democrats to move on. We need new blood. Pelosi and Hoyer being the House standard bearers has us living in the distant past.

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

She would be house speaker, so the argument is accurate. Its a good argument since Pelosi is so unpopular. Its worked in the past few elections.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Because she sucks and is a helpless partisan. There have been a couple times she has stood up but for the most part she has been a hack.... she isn’t the only one, Ryan is even worse. Also she isn’t in touch with where her own party is at this point.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm in no way, shape or form attracted to her, but I find it difficult to see her or hear her name and not picture her in some black leather dominatrix outfit enforcing subs to carry out her every order. Hopefully, I've shared the wealth now, and most--if not all--of you will suffer from the same visions.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Oh, I've said this a million times. If they could only articulate their policy/plan in a way that people could understand....

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

She just seems like a standard-issue establishment Democratic leader to me. Is the House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer or any other person who would realistically succeed her leadership position be that much different than Pelosi in terms of their policy preference or politics?

and by the way, she is quite attractive:

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Republicans are big on symbolism and simplistic messaging. Pelosi is the root of all problems for dumb, poor rural Republicans. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan and all the other Republican asshats that screw their own voters with tax cuts for the rich and budget cuts for the poor are no match for that evil Nancy Pelosi.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does the Democratic party have a plan? serious question. Out of curiosity I just went to https://www.democrats.org/ and read the following: "What's at Stake A vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court is a vote to overturn Roe v. Wade and gut the Affordable Care Act." That's not very helpful or encouraging.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

She's a she.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ask a Republican and they will talk your ear off.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Their plan is to post nonsensical articles on a message board and then don’t say why they posted it or any opinion on the matter at all.

Oh wait...

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

She will likely initiate impeachment proceedings.