1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Naming Russell Westbrook MVP Would Set A Terrible Example For Kids

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossRolen, Apr 18, 2017.

1. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Long story short, I wrote this highly satirical column that is oozing with sarcasm about why Westbrook being named MVP would be disastrous for children, and people are flipping the f**k out. It's great.

Here's an excerpt:

Whether you like it or not, this is yet another moral fork in the road for America. I, for one, won’t stand idly by and watch as the values of our youth are trampled on by triple-double obsessed fools who have lost their way. Sports are about winning, and when it comes to these two MVP candidates, Harden did much more of that. The participation trophy generation had their time in the spotlight; it’s time to take back our country and our integrity.​

Clearly a joke, right?

READ THE FULL COLUMN HERE and feel free to comment (fuel the fire, please) and share on social media. Death threats have started rolling in. Go Rockets.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ohhhh, you are that guy!

Williamson and BossRolen like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

if I was a child I'd love Russ. He looks exactly like all my childhood heroes. He is basically the 5th ninja turtle

5. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Far and away my favorite non-Rockets player in the league. Nobody in their right mind should be that upset when he takes MVP. That being said, the debate over who should win MVP in the NBA has reached ridiculous levels of hypocrisy and I'll be damned if I'm not going to take advantage of that to make as many people mad online as possible.

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I have pissed off so many OKC fans by sending them your article, they all take it serious.

7. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Haha the fact that anyone could take the "Russell Westbrook sets a poor example for children" argument seriously shows you just how absurd this MVP debate has gotten.

Yung-T and No Chill Rocket like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

voting for Westbrook means you are literally killing thousands of kids

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

I mean I thought it was a joke but then you said "Facts only. Nothing in this column is debatable." so I assumed all of it must have been serious.

Williamson likes this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Voting for Westbrook is like air striking Syria... oh wait.

11. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Hahahaaaa #factsonly

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Cute ones? Or like my nephews?

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Personally, I think voting for WB as the MVP sets a great example to the kids.

It encourages kids to step up during adversity and take responsibility.

WB could have easily caved in once the team lost Dion Waiters, but he did not. He accepted the additional burden and decided that for the upcoming season he will not only take his shots, but also Waiter's shots, and Victor's shots because it will take time for him to adjust to the team.

Averaging triple double in today's NBA when things move so fast is not an easy feat. It could have easily been overlooked in the helter skelter, but Russel Westbrook and ESPN made sure that we are all witnesses.

Nothing speaks louder about WB's leadership than his rebounding. In Game 1 against the Rockets in playoffs, WB had close to doubled the combined rebound totals of the starting center and PF on his team.

Also, he is not even the PG of his team like Harden is, yet he still managed over 10 assists a game, yet all we hear about his Harden transitioning to the PG. Which one is harder? To get the assists as a PG, or to get those assists as a non PG? Ask Melo if you are still unclear about this one.

Simply put, the man is doing EVERYTHING.

He should be getting triple contracts each with double millions in annual salary.

But no, not Russel. Signed a regular max extension BEFORE he exploded on the scene. Did not even want to burden his management with the crazy contract restructuring in light of his upcoming triple double historic season.

That my friends, is a role model for kids in today's selfish culture.

Just selfless leadership in face of adversity.

Just he and his friend Mr. Spaulding against his team and the world.

92i, RocketWalta and BossRolen like this.
  14. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

*endless applause* Thank you. I needed this.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Westbrook's style is great for the NBA. It will show that as long as you can put up volume empty stats, you deserve be MVP

Basically, I am the MVP of 24 hr fitness pick up. My team sucks and I take all the shots, grab all the boards and make all the assists since the others on my team are basketball challenged like @swyyyguy @Van Nguyen @basketballholic @joomba

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Westbrook needs an Italian artist's name. The name makes the person great.

17. basketballholic

You fart in the paint on defense too. #sbd

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh. nice column btw. "Jesus has a beard." good job OP

Yung-T and BossRolen like this.
  20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Even a Spurs fan got mad reading that article. How can people be so... unaware? It's really sad, man.

BossRolen likes this.