1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MyFox Memphis] City of Memphis suing NBA over Lockout

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ascaptjack, Oct 18, 2011.

1. teknokid

teknokid Member

There is no future for TW with the Rockets.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hope they win, hope all cities sue, hope NBA folds, hope Football goes year round. Suckers.

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

4. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Hey Kelly Dwyer, I think Spooner meant LAST YEAR'S CHECK.

Get that? I think most fans realize there are no checks this year(yet), especially those who are informed enough to comment on the lockout.

SOMEBODY REP THIS MAN. Spooner deserves a hit.

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

Haha thanks. Actually Dwyer is completely wrong in the article. KG IS in fact getting paid this year, as part of his contract provisions. All the more reason to "hold out" when you are getting paid anyway....

Feels good to be on a Dwyer article. Feels even better to know more than Dwyer about something Basketball related. :cool:

6. YourSecretLover

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

[​IMG]

8. what

what Member

Darn women always goes after the cool kid. Excuse me while I drown in my lonely sorrows.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Rudy Gay is indeed a good player. I still remember that painful day when Morey traded him for Shane Battier. I knew the Rockets were in a win now mode but I knew Gay was almost an immediate impact player from the start. If he never got traded to Memphis, he would be a much more complete player for Houston because he will learn from veterans like Tmac and Yao and he will help this team sooner than they would think.

Battier isn't a bad player but I knew it was a bad idea to trade away a star potential for a solid role player. You never trade away a star potential for a solid role player even if you're in a win now mode because it will always come back and bites you in the a**...

10. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Couldn't any city with a publicly funded arena potentially sue? That's about all of them.

11. jcole787

jcole787 Member

can someone post the details of the lockout, like why they are doing it

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

13. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Well, not really, because KG is not getting paid this year. But the point still stands.