1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My wife wrote this about Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carmichael dave

she didnt post it anywhere. she emailed it to me for my eyes only. she will kill me when she finds out i put it out there.

she was simply sitting at home watching Uncle Ronnie with our two babies, and was moved to write.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I rarely say things like this but that was beautiful.

Not only does it show her creative writing skills but also that she really understands the subject - in this case, Ron Artest.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The Rockets are the team of misfits in the NBA wrangled by Morey who gave them all a chance and never overlooked them. He always gave them chance and saw value where no one else did. Adelman made it happen with his genius coaching methods... this team is the true dark horse of the NBA and I love every second of it.

Artest wasn't wanted by most anyone and we took a chance on him...

Battier is often followed up with the question of who is that and is he really even that good? But would you really want the team led by anyone else?

Scola is often unrecognized until he's waltzed his way through your team's defense...

Brooks was a second pick to Fernandez two years ago in the draft and we "settled"...

Lowry is a third string point guard from the GRIZZLIES...

Yao is labeled too soft and cursed...

T-mac is always getting an MRI and out of the picture...

Mutombo was "too old to play" and fell to injury finally...

Wafer was never given the minutes to prove it until Adelman gave him a shot...

Hayes is the undersized guy who when you least expect it proves his value by saving the day...

and Landry got shot...

Go Rockets! Time to show the Lakers, Laker fans who wanted you over the Blazers, and the media who will predict Lakers in four what Clutch City is all about. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

4. kikimama

kikimama Member

Didn't the sign say "In Ron, We Trust".

5. BrooksBall

Nice post.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn, how does she say "I love you?"... I'd love to see what her grocery lists look like... lol.

Nice writing, though! :)

7. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

The fans have embrace him. Did you see the play where he flew out of bounds to save the ball. the fans would not let him get up and we had to call a TO. when he was able to get out you should see his face like these fans are crazy in a good way. that look itself was worth a thousand words. good job ron hope we can get you back next year

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

beautiful letter by your wife man and beautiful kids.

Also CM if you can get Ron to get his hawk now!

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I really think Ron has matured and got his emotions under control. He realized with the trade he had a chance to be on a very talented team and decided winning games while finding a permanent home in one city is the most important thing to him.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Ask him to push other players to get hawks.

11. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

no doubt about that, Ron just proved he brought us inspiration, toughness, heart about the game, something we have never with Tmac. Tonight he stepped up big time, i like what he have said in the postgame, first round is not the goal, Ron is defintely misunderstood by many of fans, what a player!

I hope he will be back as rocket, maybe rest of time as rocket! thank you ron!

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Great read.

Well said.

13. sturm

sturm New Member

U R Great~!

14. dijk

dijk Member

So sweet!

15. carmichael dave

Haha, thanks for reading guys.....i just got home from the show, and showed her your kind words....she's going to be smiling for the next three days...

which hopefully means i get to go out with the boys all weekend because i'm out of the doghouse...BOO YA :)

16. BrooksBall

Nice angle there, CD... :D

17. felix

felix Member

Very touching.

18. rocket3forlife2

I always knew Ron was getting a bad rap...Ron is a really nice guy in person and he makes our team so much tougher .

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Agreed! CD, it's up to you to get Ron to back up his words! we want to see the MOHAWK!

20. wang69

wang69 Member

Great post. Actually gave me some goosebumps. We do wish he would take less ill-advised shots but ron artest has been a very dependable veteran presence for the rockets all season long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.