1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My take on the Rocket's season so far - with video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 2, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok,

Why type when you can just say it in video !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1F4R6McOLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1F4R6McOLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The next one I plan on doing will include my 3 favorite threads of the week.

Anyway, figured I would give this a go, was inpired by the "No Layups" guys, theirs is going to be WAY WAY WAY WAY better than mine.

But, here is my take on the current state of affairs.....enjoy.....or not...

It will be 8 minutes of your life completely wasted.

:D

Been thinking of doing something like this, but was not sure how it would turn out...so, feel free to say....uh...good things.....if you have something nasty to say, just keep it to yourself....if you can. (I am looking at you V3.0)

;)

Seriously though, comments are welcome.

DD

#1 DaDakota, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Well you do speak well infront of the camera.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If anyone else has a webcam and would like to start a Clutchfans show, email me through the board, it could be fun to talk Rockets a bit and get it up on Youtube.....

DD

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You need a sidekick.

5. redao

redao Member

recap, anyone? :D

6. tested911

tested911 Member

DaDakota is now an Internet Superstar !!!!!!!

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Outstanding Dada.

Expanding your future, I see.... ;)

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Fantastic Job DD! I appreciate your insight whether I disagree with it or not. You're a great speaker and have good knowledge of the game and the Rockets current state of affairs. You should keep this up. Kudos to a wonderful job!

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

OMG! That's the real DD. Next time, please put on a mask of George W Bush. U r going be a Youtube star for a longtime. :D

10. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

well you get an A for effort. It was nice though i can't lie. But I have the answer for you for the players you mention.

Lets start with Rick Barry..excuse me Brent :D . Hmm couldn't it be that he is 37 38 years old. I highly doubt he is going to be as quick as he was in the past lol.

Carl Landry is 6'7 just 2 help you out there.
    You nailed it when you said Scola is not the fastest but he knows how to get from one end of the court to the other and plays his role.

About Rafer tho. Its obvious that he plays better when Yao or McGrady is out. When their both in IDK why he sucks so bad.

When you said Artest and McGrady can't play together I think you went a little bit to far with that one. McGrady and Artest have been in and out of the lineup so who knows if they can play. But Now im starting to understand why Artest comes off the bench and Battier is starting.

You said Battier sucks this year. I dont think he sucks at all. It may have to do with his foot. We aren't asking Battier to do alot but what he has done so far has helped then hurt us.

Last thing. I would think the reason Aaron Brooks is struggling is because he doesn't get that much playing time. His mins need to increase. How can you expect a guy to turn it on when he is getting 18-20 mins a game. Hopefully that Warriors game gave him the motivation to start lighting it up again.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

48k posts and 8 minute youtube videos. You have way too much time on your hands.

You could go into radio though ... you'd be better than half the clowns they let over the airwaves on sportsradio.

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Nice video man, there is nothing that you said that I can disagree with. Just calling it as you see it. Great job.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What? Did Battier rehhab his foot? I DONT THINK SO. He is not even 80% right now.

Jon Feigen is gonna be FIRED, you will take his place DD.

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I liked it. You and Tinman or leeb should look into doing a talking heads/split screen style show.

15. HookemHorns1250

16. Coob5

Coob5 Member

Good Job DD... We need to get a theme song to start the show.

17. jboslett

jboslett Member

Wow, that was pretty good for someone not in the radio/tv personality business. A lot of good points made.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did I inspire you to do this with my Walton and Drexler interviews? :)

19. teamball2008

teamball2008 Member

DD,you're so cute. I'm cracy about you :D

DaDakota likes this.
  20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was ok. I'm not sure about the Rockets winning out for the month. I do believe this month is very important for the Rockets in the sense that this month could make or break this team. This is now the time for the Rockets to build team chemistry and get all their players healthy. The Rockets have a lot of days off in between games to practice.

March is going to be a tough month. There's 15 games with 3 back to backs. 8 of the games are against the top 9 teams in the west. This could either help the Rockets with home court advantage or put them closer to the lottery.

April is no fun either with 6 of their 8 games are against playoff teams.