1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My strategy for game 6 to help with game 7 if needed.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, May 26, 2018.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Since it looks very likely CP3 is going to miss game 6 here is what I think Dantoni should do.

He has been on a short 7 man rotation, which isn't a bad thing to do but since the rest of the team has around equal skill level (Luc, JJ, Nene, Ryno) I would use them all instead of a 7 man rotation. I would have all these guys play as hard as they possibly can and run the Warriors ragged. Up the energy up the tempo, try to not play our starters heavy minutes and the minutes they do play for a long stretch should be in the 4th quarter

Use this game to use our bench to run them to the ground. It might work to help win game 6 and if not it will have a huge effect on the Warriors in game 7.

Any thoughts?

saleem, D-rock and bballjunkie like this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It sounds good if it works out like you describe and not us down by 27 at the half.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. rocks123

rocks123 Member

This could work with the Cavs and boston but not the warriors. The margin of error with the warriors is very slim. Every mismatch is exploited to perfection. Cant afford to put guys out there that isnt ready to defend or shoot. They will be exploited. Dantoni might use the same strategy on game 4. play the starters heavy minutes put GG to the tired klay or curry in the fourth. Gg is not very good defensive player but if he is fresh enough he can definitely guard a tired curry in the fourth.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I still don't understand why most of ClutchFans seems to be conceding Game 6 and hoping we can pull off a miracle in Game 7.

My Game 6 game plan: Neck on the throat, apply pressure. Watch these arrogant weasels wilt like the physicality-avoiding wimps they are.

My Game 7 game plan: Not needed. See above.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My strategy:

Punch them in the mouth the first quarter, stay close through the 4th, D them up, watch the physical and mental pressure destroy them, and take it.

Stormy1234 and topfive like this.