1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My source: Rockets to Fire MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 11, 2019.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

macan and saleem like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is the first time i'm mentioning this here... i knew we were not going to be ready to play tonite just by watching pre-game warmups. our guys, particularly harden and paul, were jovial and fuking around with smiles on their faces. worriers, in particular klay, had mean mug all business game faces. dumbtoni did not have these guys into it and it showed immediately from tipoff

RyanB, lw17, Invisible Fan and 3 others like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Mike is the best out there still, hes a great coach. The problem wasnt the coaching, look at the records last 2 years. We did good, look who we played, i mean comon. lol

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  4. farhen

farhen Member

Too much weeds bruh

5. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Houston lost this series with most of the blame on their coach. I would be surprised if he is still here next year. It's time to go a new direction and try something new. I am tired of iso-ball. Dribbling up barely getting across midcourt only having a limited time to set up a play and not passing the ball and settling for a crappy shot is a recipe for failure and in the end that is what it left us with in this series. It's no accident Curry scored 31 points in the 2nd half. He was constantly on the move and his team was passing the ball and setting screens in an effort to get him a good shot. Maybe we should try that. Please next year, let's get rid of iso-ball and may it forever RIP. Let's bring a new coach in with a new philosophy and see what happens. I believe we still have the talent to compete at a high level.

ClutchFam and chadyang like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't like MDA's attitude before this series started. His "We want to run it back well here we go" then laughs like we aren't sure this is what we want.

7. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

MDA is not going anywhere. In fact, he will get an extension. Just as Morey got an extension.

This is who Tillman Fertitta is- the son of a violent criminal, and a Trumpian fraud built on borrowed money. If Fertitta was self-made and spending his own money he would have more accountability in place. But to him it's all a joyride until the banks come in one day and lock everything up.

#27 cjvnyc, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    tehG l i d e and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Frank Stallone

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

There’s absolutely no way they get rid of MDA after 3 seasons, 2 of which where we lost to a dynasty in close, hard fought games.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the coach doesn't matter much as we will just play morey's system.

also the warriors out spent us on their roster by $21M. I'm sure if we could add that amount of salary to our roster we would have made up 6 points each game and won the series easily.

its not the coach, or the system, or our current players who played as well as any team will against the warriors. its the fact that the warriors are so much more talented than any other team and unless you match their spending to narrow the talent gap you don't have a chance.

hakeem94, ClutchFam and darksoul35 like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets choked they were right there to win and just shrieked like losers do. I agree with Klay who said this series could have gone either way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah everything worked out. could've gone either way with each game decided in the final minutes and by less than 6 points each.

if the refs didn't steal game 1 we'd have a second chance to close them out. if tillman decided to pay the tax we might've been able to keep ariza. lots of things lead to losing, but coaching and players aren't in the top 3.

hakeem94 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

So true.

lw17 likes this.
  14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So they should fire the real coach then... Mike is not the real coach... just a yes man.

T_Man

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont mind, but i used to be one of his haters and i'd give him another year. this is all on paul. you cant beat the warriors with just one star. pau was supposed to be the second one but he never showed up in the po's till this ****in game, at least scoring wise. he had one good scoring game vs the jazz, thats it. 22pts i think.

everyone did their job but paul and capela. house is in his first po's u cant blame him for ****.

16. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I don't mind because it's not like it matters. We can't win. But at the same time, who the **** do we get?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well I hope Tyrone is a better coach than his brother Tyron.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sure hope so too. Can’t wait

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wow nice comparison with Wenger @Zboy

Also lol at dwhite with the sauces

mikol13 likes this.
  20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Even if Durant does not come back they will still win it all. They had 2 superstars to our one. As much as I hate the guy Draymond is better than any defender we have. If they get all the same 50 50 calls they did against us they will probably sweep everyone else. I feel our guys just did the best they could with the situation they was in. Paul and Capela deserve criticism because they straight up sucked.

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.