1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My sister most likely has contracted Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 27, 2020.

1. what

what Member

my mom just had another blood pressure test and it was 118 over something I can't remember I just heard the 118 part and I screamed!!!
    It was so good.
    Holy crap, I am happy.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

3. what

what Member

Thanks for the concern but we aren't even close to that option. Just so you know, even being intubated is highly highly above the current situation: if you have to be intubated you are truly in danger of dying.
    Ventilators are even worse than that.
    However I will say that having a ventilator option is very important, because it could save your life, but if you are at that point, there could be a whole lot of bad things going on so it is really no joke.
    I have also heard that it is better to take the hydroxychloroquine earlier rather than later when the respiratory things happen in week two.

Don't look at the 80% that have died look at the 20% that have actually lived. That's the number you want to look at.

CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It's sounding better and better for you and your family, what. Whatever you're doing keep it up!

5. what

what Member

Nothing Im doing it takes a village and all the healthcare workers and everyone.
    But thanks, bro.

6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You're right about the importance of having a good team of experts. But honestly, even if all you did for your mom and sister was show them you were concerned, it meant a lot. The strength that comes from knowing others care has saved a lot of people a lot of grief over the years.

Stay healthy, man!

Blatz, Yung-T and malakas like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to hear that your family is coming around and hopefully the worst is past.

Regarding Hydroxychloroquine it does sound like earlier rather than later is better. From my understanding this sounds like it might be a treatment and not a cure. Most treatments work better the earlier they can be used. That said there is still a lot not know about it's efficacy and there is a chance of severe cardiac side affects.

jcf and malakas like this.
  8. what

what Member

So the doctor came in and said that he was going to take out the IV, he was going to give her her full dosage of valium, he said that her heart was doing great on the medication, so no problems there, so he wants to give her some freedom to move around in the hospital room.
    The last hurddle here seems to be her oxygen treatment: last night it went down again which he thinks is due to her sleep apnea, he had to raise it a bit: but in the daytime he is lowering to 2 and a half litters and I think the hope is to keep weening her down on it. Although she may end up having to get a sleep apnea machine for the night, not sure at this point what the exit strategy is for that.
    However all of this is great news and my mom is arguing with me again which is a great sign.

jcf, Amiga, sammy and 10 others like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep Mom arguing is a great sign!

10. malakas

malakas Member

I am so happy to read your news what! God bless!
    Hopefully we will hear soon that she is discharged as well!

jcf and Blatz like this.
  11. what

what Member

I told my mom about you guys and she wanted to say thank you to all of you. She really appreciates it.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Tell your mom that she got all of CF rooting for her and when she soon gets discharged back home she should start watching some basketball and start rooting for the Rockets.:)

jcf, FrontRunner, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  13. elrond

elrond Member

FrontRunner and daywalker02 like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Sorry I'm late, @what , but I am pulling for you and your family. Glad to see things are trending in the right direction!

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We're happy to hear about her.. I know I worry about my parents and I'm damn sure I'm not the only one. It's good to hear about what your family is going through. It is informative as this is a situation many of us are going through or might have to go through. It's also a great human story.

Wishing your mom and the rest of your family the best this Easter weekend and thank you for the updates.

malakas, FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  16. what

what Member

My mom will be formally released from the hospital tomorrow. This has been draining to say the least, but all of the support helped.
    One thing I will say, from what I learned, is that if you think you have covid-19, demand to get tested, any way you can, and if you come back positive, ask for the hydroxychloroquine treatment immediately, don't wait, with zinc and the antibiotics.
    This can save you.
    The idea that you stay home and self quarantine is b*******.
    Don't make that mistake.

#156 what, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

that the stuff trump was pushing for and every expert were doubting him?

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

nope. Experts wanted the trials, the data, and the trials have been promising.

if you want to trumpify this good thread, take it to D&D instead. Plenty of politics for you there. Peace

Eric Riley, malakas and Deckard like this.
  19. what

what Member

Yeah, i don't want to bring politics in here.
    Just trying to explain that getting treated is better than hoping that it turns for the better. The virus gives you a false sense of security, because of week one is usually a mild week (not always, though) but even mild symptoms are pretty brutal.
    My mom was frankly lucky, to be honest that she is still living. That's the truth.

daywalker02, malakas and jcf like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Pay attention.

Experts wanted it studied, in fact that is what the critics of the President want and still do want. You apparently do not understand medicine or science.

You don’t rely on a hunch in science.

malakas likes this.