1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My sister most likely has contracted Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

You need to be more proactive, these are specific supplies that are available in small towns in Texas (come in by truck 2, 3 times a week). Call up stores, find out truck arrival times. You may even have to drive an hour each way to a certain store - so what?!

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hope everything works out @what !

3. what

what Member

My sisters symptoms have gotten worse. I am not sure how bad, but she says it hurts when she breathes.
    At this point, I can't even talk to her much because she gets mad at me.
    So I have to sit here and be helpless. I just hope that the worse comes and then goes and she gets some relief.
    The coronavirus is very serious guys, is all i can tell you.
    She was talking like she might want to go to the hospital if it gets worse, but I am hoping she doesn't have to.
    I hate this so much.

R0ckets03, Deckard, malakas and 3 others like this.
  4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I suggest you come up with a plan now for what you'll do when the decision is made that she requires hospitalization. How she gets there... Your role and what you can do to respond efficiently (and reduce your risk of getting the virus)... What your sister will need in order to make it there as quickly as possible, etc. Time could be of the essence.

Try and keep a clear head and get the rest you need so that you stay well.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hate to say this but it might be better to err on the side of caution, @what. I’m so sorry about your predicament.

6. what

what Member

Well at this point they called the doctor and the nurse called back and said that unless she can't breathe at all she is not to come to the hospital.
    At that point my sister got a spark of intestinal fortitude or whatever you want to call it and started fighting back.
    The last thing she said to me was we're going to have to go old school on this one - the doctor's right now know just enough to kill you.
    So she's hanging in there.

7. body slam

body slam Member

check Ace Hardware for cleaning supplies

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. Senator

Senator Member

You should start working on building a ventilator - if you are not handy send out the sirens in your town to an electrician and pay them $200 to watch this video and do it for you.

Be at your hardware store first thing in the morning. There is a place in Spring TX that does 3d printing, you can send them files - http://envision3dprinting.com/contact-envision-3d-printing

9. Senator

Senator Member

A very good 3d printing company active in the fight against COVID -

https://www.stratasysdirect.com/

You can pick up your part in Houston on Monday. The files are in the youtube link.

10. what

what Member

My sister has an oxygen apparatus because her son has asthma, and Noonan syndrome.
    But at this point I don't think it's coming to that.
    My mom thinks that my sister just wanted morphine, lol. When she found out she couldn't get morphine she didn't want to go to the hospital, lol.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Good luck, @what. I hope y’all pull through this. Make sure to take care of yourself, too.

FrontRunner, daywalker02 and malakas like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Time to go buy an oxymeter NOW. If it falls lower than 90 then take her to the hospital no matter what the doctors say.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

watch her silently ,
    one minute on a timer,
    count carefully how many times she's breathing,
    30 or more ,
    call 911

if she can walk and talk despite pain,
    did she vomit , sneeze? medication allergies.
    keep track of that when they ask you in hospital, best of luck

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Where does she work in Brenham What? I hope she starts doing better soon.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that your sister might be taking a turn for the worse. Yesterday at this time it sounded like she was recovering. Hope things work out and I agree if she's getting worse need to get on the hospital. Especially since she's a nurse.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. what

what Member

My sister's symptoms have pretty much stabilized. They come and go. She doesn't have a fever right now, better call finesse come back but she still has over 90% of oxygen.

unfortunately though the real worrisome thing now is that my nephew who is 18 and has Noonan syndrome, and my mother who is 69 years old both have it.
    My nephew seems like he's doing well.
    None of them have fevers right now.
    But I have terrible anxiety over my mom. I've been telling her what she needs to do is to work on her breathing exercises that we were trying to work on before this, and to exercise and then get sleep and drinking plenty of fluids.
    Right now since my sisters symptoms are sort of mild, I am hoping that my mother is and my nephew's is going to be that as well.
    But to say that I'm not scared I'm scared.

17. what

what Member

My sister is a nurse and she has one, and thats what the doctor told her. That if it goes below 90 to call him and he will get her admitted.

The only good thing about this is my sister is a top-notch nurse who has worked in all facets of pretty much healthcare. She is one of the top nurses in Texas home health.

18. body slam

body slam Member

did she test positive or just showing symptoms?

19. what

what Member

Positive

20. body slam

body slam Member

hate to hear it. Hope everything goes well for her and the family.