1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

My Quick Takes on the Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Nov 1, 2012.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Is Marcus Morris scared or not an NBA caliber starting forward? Matter of fact, how did he move in front of Jones and PatPat(I understand PatPat though)

Are we going to run high PnR to death it felt like I was watching Steve and Cuttino all over again

Jeremy definitely sees the floor well and does a good job setting up the team. Allows too much penetration and gets beat off the dribble, which put him into foul trouble

Asik is a tireless worker, they need to hit him more on the slip screen and PnR

Love Parson's hustle and defensive mind set. I cringe when I see him pull back (not up) on his jumper, which causes him to shoot a linedrive. Arch my man, Arch.

Douglas, just lost in the sauce (Shawn Livingston please with a jumper is a wish)

James Harden, nothing to be said, he has earned 1/82 of the $16 mln per year avg. Beard, you're going to need some help at the SF and PF to compete with your boys Durant and Westbrook. Truly I believe Morey would trade for any superstar at this point just to say he did it.

Delfino, excellent shooter and will definitely spread the floor when playing with Harden and Parsons (when his shot is on)

DCook, if he's not hitting his shot, no need to play him

Wow, no minutes for Terrance Jones, are we show casing Marcus Morris for some reason

No one else stuck out to me and please forgive if I missed them

2. nomangame

nomangame Member

Hmm......Harden was pretty much the guy who carried the team to victory with his 37 pts and 12 assts. Delfino was all the bench had to offer, though Smith wasn't too bad himself.

As what I mentioned in another thread, Morris needs more time. No point in drafting a player at the 14th spot and then ship him away if he doesn't get any opportunities. Let's wait and see how he can contribute to the team.

I'm happy with the way Lin facilitating the offence. Never mind if he can't score that many points, as long he has the court vision that should be good enough for the team.

Asik was ok I reckon. Just cash the boards and play solid D is all I ask of him.

It's too early for me to judge how the team is like on the whole but I am pleased with the victory we got. Let's just hope we can make it to the playoffs this season.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The one thing that seemed obvious to me is that
    Douglas looked lost....and the team fed off his
    "Lostiness"....(made up word)

Harden was impressive to say the least.
    Asik was as advertised...great defense no offense.
    Lin ran the floor well and showed good chemistry with Harden.
    Delfino was the clutch veteran scoring points off the bench.

All four of our off-season acquisitions contributed to the win!

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My first thought is wow. I did not see much Thunder last season, and Harden was more.amazing than ever.

Lin looked good.I expect him to score a little more, but don't expect Harden to play they well each night.

Bench its a work in progress to say least. Morris and a Parsons looked off. Douglas needs to accept he is here to play defense, shoot three, and bring ball up the court. Defense relies on Asik to anchor it.

5. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

If only Rockets could get Enes Kanter as a PF! They would ensure at least 5 years.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I would like to add that Asik needs to get better about his picks. There were at least ba couple of times he could have been called for setting a moving pick.

7. Omer

Omer Member

Terrence Jones needs to start, he is our PF of the future.

8. Houston288South

Did McHale give a reason as to why Terrence Jones did NOT play?

9. koopa

koopa Member

Bench was pathetic..and rockets have no inside player at all..they seemed out worked in the paint as expected since detroit had strong bigs. THey really need to play Terrence Jones over Morris..their lack of bench almost cost them the game as they were gettin teared apart by the Pistons bench late in the 3rd and start of the 4th.

10. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Their bigs did look better last night, although having PPat would have helped curb that somewhat. Without Asik, though, it looks as though it's going to be another long season down low. Curious, as most of you are, as to why we didn't see Jones last night; I thought for sure he'd get 10-15 minutes. And Marcus Morris is looking more and more like a bad draft pick. The kid constantly looks like he doesn't belong. I never would have guessed that coming out of KU. Also, Toney Douglas needs to go immediately. That guy is hot garbage. Why we chose him over Shaun Livingston is beyond me. Bad, bad move on our part.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Douglas should not be allowed to shot the ball, and Morris??? Well I don't know wtf is wrong with that cat. Hopefull Marcus can turn it around or get out of town soon?
    I want donuts.....