1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[My Parody] Pharmacist Raps about Walgreens SWAG

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Medicine N Music, Oct 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If it's "corporate", they're probably still reviewing Tay Zonday parodies.

2. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks buddy! I use Sony Vegas as well. It's a pretty easy program to use since I use Sony Acid Music to record audio. I checked out your videos...they were really nice!

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Double post

#43 Brando2101, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It's really always better to shoot in 24 no matter what. If you want to adjust for more motion than you can bring the shutter speed up but 50 is pretty standard for film. You would need a lot of motion in order to create a huge blur. No film ever uses multiple frame rates but they will adjust the shutter speed.

Final Cut 7 is the best editing program I've ever used but the support for it is on life support. I would say avid is the next best editing program but I know premiere is making a huge push. I'm just not keen on any adobe product other than After Effects,Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign. Final cut has great integration with Color and Premiere has great integration with After Effects. Vegas doesn't. You need to color everything. Since you are doing stuff on the web you can make things have more contrast. You always want to bring down the mids and sometimes the black. That makes the black in a frame look more like black and you lose that washed out look.

The biggest problem for beginning filmmakers is handheld. ALWAYS use a tripod except for the few scenes where it really feels right to have more motion. You need that contrast. Most people are using steady cams which give the tripod feel but give you more versatility. There are a lot of cheap steady cams you can make yourself. It also gives you the chance to do more dynamic camera moves like a dolly in. NEVER use a zoom in a shot. It looks bad and very temundo.

I would NEVER EVER export to .WMV. It's very old and not very efficient. Everything is moving to .h264. Support for it is super wide spread as oppose to .wmv.

You should really look into premiere if you are on a PC. It has way more tools and having those tools will make you a better editor and better filmmater.

If you ever want to invest in a camera digital SLRs are the new thing. If you have a good lens you can get great stuff. That is pretty much the cheapest camera you are going to get that shoots 24 fps. That's a lot harder to get from a camera since 30fps is based on the 60hrz electric pulse in native American Power. That's why PAL countries use 50 fps. We use a Canon 5D for our C cam whenever we don't need anything about 1080. It's a really solid camera.

5. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I'd love to check out your videos Swole.. Same for you Brando if you have any
    (tdashdub@gmail.com)

And on the real (as far as the video is concerned), it was much better than I thought it'd be! You made a song about walgreens and it wasn't corny, that's a feat in itself.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

couldn't you get canned for making this, using company logos, apparel, location space and products?

7. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Mack 10 said he wants credit for those dance moves you used.

8. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

C-Walk buddy...definitely not Mack 10's.

This is why I emailed my boss to ask for permission for this film. This is also why there is a huge disclaimer right under the video. I was afraid of this as well. My boss is going to get further clarification from corporate at her market meeting.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is amazing haha. Wish this went viral. :grin:

10. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

No disrespect I didn't know it was called the crip walk. I'm just used to seeing Mack 10 doing it all the time.

11. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

No problem, I didn't take it that way. It's nice to see people on the forum that knew about rap back in the days haha. West coast after 2pac/snoop/dre never really had any big time rappers, but Mack 10 and Ice Cube were some of my favs.

Thanks! Yeah, it's very difficult to get anything to go viral, but it would be pretty awesome if it did.