1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Own Worthless Thread: TV Commercials You Hate!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMan Tex, Jul 10, 2000.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I hate em all, but the one that I truly cannot stand is the one with that dork from 1-800-CALL ATT.

I want to take a pay phone, shove it up his culo, and reach my hand down his throat and yank it through the other end! [​IMG]

------------------
    Bring It!!

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

those pepsi commercials where they go bu bu bu bu bu ARGHHHH! i hate that freaking song
    1-800-COLLECT would make my list as well ,I dont mind the Arsenio Hall one that much but that white dork is a freakshow . Those Chili's Commercials There songs are G-A-Y .Singing commercials suck , get it through your head people , Those Mountain Dew commercials were those guys are singing is stupid .

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

There is nothing I hate more than Chili's commercials.

Those annoying Pringles ads with everyone making a rather pathetic attempt at amaking music by banging on the cans drove me nuts.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Those "daily dose of truth" commercials. They go out and completely demonize the tobacco industry and in the process portray the population as a bunch of hapless babies who can't make their own decisions. They should take a page out of that other anti-smoking ad campaign where teenagers are portrayed as rational individuals that have made their own decision to not smoke tobacco, rather than basically calling people a bunch of idiots like they are doing now...

Any Mountain Dew commercial, but ESPECIALLY the one where they put Queen to absolute shame.

The Surge commercials suck really bad too.

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL... next year, at least. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited July 10, 2000).]

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

That car commercial where 5 people are crammed in a small car and they are holding coffee filled to the top of the cup and the guy doesn't slow down going over railroad tracks. Before he reaches the railroad tracks everyone says: "DUDE" After they go over the tracks without spilling a drop of coffee everyone says: "DUDE"

Whats up with that freakin commercial?

------------------
    "When your dead, anything's funny."-John Lennon

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're right AntiSonic. I can't believe people would hurt the little feelings of those nice tobacco companies.

I'll say a little prayer for them tonight, hopefully they'll find their way to work tomorrow to make more death sticks.

As for commercials I hate, I hate the Sonic commercials and that damn MJ/Tweety Bird commercial.

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Rocketman95- you're missing the point of why I hate those commercials. They are making the average person look like a complete dolt that cannot make his/her own decisions.

Notice how I said that I liked the other commercials where teens are portrayed making their own desicions DESPITE <U>peer pressure</U>? The "truth" ads claim that tobacco is marketed towards young people. I for one have never been compelled to pick up a cigarette because of these alleged ads, BUT I have been offered various substances to smoke by PEERS.

If you want to argue about the stuff being addictive- I happen to think that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are among the most delicious foods on the planet, and I could easily eat 35-40 of those things in a day. HOWEVER, being a COMPETENT human being, I understand that eating 35-40 cups a day will more than likely give me a heart attack so I do not do that. Smoking is very bad for you, but if you want to smoke DESPITE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF ITS EFFECTS go ahead, it's a free country isn't it?

And they're always only attacking the tobacco industry. I guess it's okay for the entertainment industry to glamourize smoking weed and shooting heroin, ultimately "MAKING" more people abuse these drugs than the tobacco industry could ever dream of.

It's time people start taking personal responsibility for their actions, and the "truth" commercials are preaching just the opposite.

Tex- very sorry about taking your thread waaay off topic. I'll shut up now.

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited July 11, 2000).]

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think those truth commercials are not portraying people as "dolts", but rather, displaying info that is not necessarily common knowledge. With that said, I do believe they have gotten old.

------------------
    blah blah blah

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

AntiSonic, see my reply in Jeff's new thread.

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The "Whassup!" commercials. Sorry, that's getting pretty old. They need to add "biatch" or "jigga" to the end to make it more realistic.

------------------
    It's all good!

12. Hydra

Hydra Member

The Right Guard commercial w/ Quitten
    Any MJ commercial
    Feminine hygine commercials at meal times
    Psychic commercials
    Anything with Bugs Bunny

------------------
    I'm sticking with Charlotte. I can't flip because I don't want to be confused with Peter Vecsey.
    -- Charles Barkley

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Every time one of those "WHASSSUP!" commercials comes on, I either hit the MUTE button on my remote or change the channel. That's how much I'm sick of 'em.

------------------

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Most of the insurance commercials are worthless.

------------------
    "The road to hell is paved with Republicans." :)

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Also that b-ball commercial with the ominous music and the "if b-ball is your life, this is your church." Those are tasteless, and I think just plain stupid.

------------------
    "The road to hell is paved with Republicans." :)

16. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Isn't the white dork from the collect call commercials the same guy that's married to Courtney Cox? I can't stand those commercials.

One of my all-time most-hated commercials was a political ad from 1990, I think. Rob Mosbacher, Jr. was running for Lt. Governor, and one of his campaign commercials was a bunch of people mispronouncing his name with him coming on every once in a while to correct their mis pronunciation. Geez, Bob. Don't tell us where you stand on the issues or what you're going to do for the State. Give us 60 seconds of people mispronouncing your name. I can't believe he wasn't elected Lt. Governor. Ten years later, and it still bugs me.

------------------

17. 3pointer

3pointer Member

you hold on to it too long mrpaige [​IMG]

------------------
    Life moves pretty fast, If you don't stop and look once in a while you might miss it!! ... Ferris Bueler

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Any, and I mean ANY, car dealership commercial! I hate the way they scream at you, esp. the radio spots. All of them at yelling about $5000 rebates and savings on option packages. ARRRRGH! Everybody who goes to buy a new car should know that all that noise is worthless hype! You shop around, find the car you want, and when you go to the dealership, you haggle. Don't give in to those ba$tards.

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

Dog lover here....cats beware.

19. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

'daddy can me.. and olivia... and you..... take me to the zoo?'

------------------
    I think people are forgetting that we are the rockets...

WE DONT REBUILD...WE RELOAD....remember that..

20. fatty fat fat

fatty fat fat Member

Behad---

"We've been doing it for years, and YOU KNOW we'll do it... for you."

"Come to LANDMARK CHEVROLET!!!!!!!!!!!"

"MOSSY NISSAN...MOSSY NISSAN...MOSSY NISSAN MOVES YOU....IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

Hope that made your day. [​IMG]

------------------
    How about the Houston Comets and their quest to become "Quadrepeatchicks!"