1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Mock Draft 1-20

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by vj23k, Mar 12, 2001.

1. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Williams has said he is staying.

Battier will go in the top 5 most probably.

Also, Where is Joseph Forte?

Do you see him coming out next year or just going after te 20th pick.

Right now IMHO he is the 2nd best player in the nation.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't heard anything about this guy. Is he really that good? What do his numbers look like?

------------------
    "all your base are belong to us!"
    "you have no chance to survive make your time!"

[This message has been edited by RunninRaven (edited March 12, 2001).]

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Gerald Wallace is the next Carter but alot more exciting. He is not jordan.

Wallace will be the best , he needs about 3 -4 years work. But watch the hell out , he is a scary player.

Plays for Alabama.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Gerald Wallace should've dominated college more than 9.7 pts and 5.8 rebs if he was the best player in the country. Heck, I can think of at least 5 freshman that are better than him.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

[This message has been edited by Puedlfor (edited March 13, 2001).]

5. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

This Mock has HS players and guys who are expected to stay in school arn't in here (Forte,Mo Evans, etc)

# Team Player (NBA comparison)

1.Chicago-Eddy Curry (Greg Ostertag)
    He doesn't deserve to be compared to Shaq unless he plays a little college ball. He's only been playing basketball seriously for about 3 or 4 yrs.Bad pick but you know the Bulls want him

2.Washington-Jason Williams (Stephan Marbury)
    Washington needs a PG and JW is the best PG in the draft. He's gonna make them twice as good as they are now..which means they'll be the 4th worst team next year.

3.Vancouver-Tyson Chandler (Kareem)

4.Golden STate- Eddy Griffen (Abdul Rahim)

5.Atlanta- Zack Randolph (Karl Malone)

6.Clippers- Troy Murphy (Keith Van Horn)

7.New Jersey- Loren Woods(a7'1 Shawn Bradley)

8.Detroit- Gerald Wallace (Micheal Jordan!!)
    He is the best player in the draft.In about 5 yrs, everyone will be saying how the 7 teams above were so stupid in drafting for team need instead of picking Wallace.

9,Cavs- Jason Richardson (Larry Hughes)

10.Celtics- Jeryl Sasser (Isiah Rider)
    A combo of Sasser-Pierce-Walker isn't bad.

11.Seattle- Ron Grizzard (Mike Miller)

12.Denver- Shane Battier (an unathletic scottie pippen))

13.Houston- Terence Morris

14.Indiana- Brendan Haywood (Pat Ewing)
    If he works on his post up game and lives up to his expectations, this is the biggest steal in the draft.

15.Toronto- Dan Gudzeric (Carlos Rogers)

16.Orlando-Kimani Ffriend (Antonio Davis)

17.Charlotte- Trenten Hassel (Cuttino Mobley)
    My favorite college player.Had Austin Peay made the big dance, he would have been a sure-fire lottery pick.

18.Miami-Ken Johnson (Kelvin Cato)
    A little insurance just in case Mason leaves.

19.New York- Jarron Collins- (Anthony Mason)

20.Suns-Brandon Wolfram (Kurt THomas)
    #3 scorer in the nation.

------------------
    President of the Pete Chilcutt Fan Club.

6. Ren D

Ren D Member

I like Wallace but his game is nowhere near like MJs,he plays more like a big man in a SG/SFs body,reminds me of Darvin Ham,Carter is a fair comparison as he is still young!He looks mean and very intimidating!

Eddy Curry doesent deserve the comparison to Shaq but Chandler deserves the comparison to Kareem? [​IMG]

------------------
    If I had only 1 wish it would be that I had a big enough @ss the whole world could kiss-Eminem

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Like Vince but MORE EXCITING? I am sure Wallace would appreciate the sentiment, but he is no Vince Carter, and definitely not more exciting.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Ying Mao comes out, he'll go 1 or 2. Michael Jordan has the jones for that guy, and Chicago, with the 1st pick, might take him; it would be a mistake for them to keep him because Jason Williams will make the biggest, quickest impact and Chicago needs that sort of player. Mao will need a few years to get NBA-i-fied.

------------------

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about that Mao guy. Everyone sings his praises, but can he keep up with the big boys? It is easy to say someone is coordinated when they play against inferior players.

------------------
    "all your base are belong to us!"
    "you have no chance to survive make your time!"

10. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

This is always fun, but a little too early, since we don't really know who is coming out, or not. But assuming everyone is coming out, and the season ended today, and this is just practice fun, here's my shot. (Disclaimer: As it gets closer, my mock will look totally different than this, I'm sure!)

<ol>[*] Chicago - Yao Ming[*] Wizards - Jason Williams[*] Warriors - DaJuan Wagner[*] Grizzlies - Eddie Curry[*] Hawks - Eddie Griffin[*] Clippers - Jason Richardson[*] Nets - Tyson Chandler[*] Pistons - Kwame Brown[*] Cavaliers - DeSagana Diop[*] Celtics - Gerald Wallace[*] Celtics (from Nuggets) - Frank Williams[*] Supersonics - Zach Randolf[*] Rockets - Shane Battier[*] Pacers - Joseph Forte[*] Magic - Chris Marcus[*] Raptors - Brendan Haywood[*] Hornets - Caron Butler[*] Suns - Carlos Boozer[*] Cavaliers (from Heat) - Loren Woods[*] Jazz (from Nuggets) - Kareem Rush[*] Rockets (from Milwaukee) - Troy Murphy[*] Magic (from Mavs) - Joe Johnson[*] Kings - Rodney White[*] Grizzlies - Rod Grizzard [*] Spurs - Jamaal Tinsley[*] Jazz - Casey Jacobsen[*] Trailblazers - Michael Bradley[*] 76ers - Gilbert Arenas
    [/list=a]

Oh well, just for fun...

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

[This message has been edited by Sherlock (edited March 15, 2001).]

11. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Gerald Wallace needs time. Right now he has no shot at all, his defense is amazing. He has mad hops. He explodes to the hoop. He is a future star in the making. He will be the biggest steal in this years draft.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.