1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Magic Bullet Solution to us Competing NOW...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLOBABYDADDY, Dec 19, 2010.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

My solution to us competing NOW and possibly making a deep playoff run this year. It isn't more scoring at the wing. It isn't a Max Player Super Star type. It isn't a closer. It isn't a lights out shooter. It isn't a healthy Yao.

I think the only thing this team needs to compete AS IS.... is a shot blocking, defense anchoring Center to protect the rim. A couple of years ago we were a healthy Mutombo away from sending the Lakers packing and landing in the WCF. Someone like Serge Ibaka or JaVale McGee could maybe even be had for a draft pick and Jeffries contract.

Like the Texans, our offense is solid. We suck on defense. This is because there is no one to protect the rim. A legit center protecting the paint instantly makes us a better perimeter team. Everyone says Shane Battier has lost a step on defense. No he hasn't. It is A LOT easier to lock down a Kobe Bryant or Manu Genobili when you have a Dominant Yao or healthy Mutombo patroling the lane. You can play a little tighter on D, making it easier to close out on shots.

When you have Chuck Hayes protecting the paint, Battier, Martin, and Brooks have to play off a step or two for fear of getting beat off the dribble. Not that either of these is a lock down DPoY, but a legit big man makes it a little easier.

He have shooters. We have a post scorer in Scola. We have guys who can get to the lane in Brooks and Lowry. We have a guy who can get to the line in Martin. We just need someone to protect the rim, thus protecting our perimeter defenders. Relatively inexpensive, wouldn't disrupt team chemistry, and wouldn't need a lot of looks or shots on offense. Jordan Hill can possibly be this player, but I think he is about 2 or 3 good seasons away.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it was that easy, it would be a no-brainer.

3. Rockets_4_life

SIGH... Let it go, its okay, just let go....

We cannot avoid the inevitable, we're going to have to rebuilt, sorry dude..

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i'm a card carrying member of the marc gasol delegation

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And now we're a Center, a Ron Artest, and a Carl Landry away. This is not the same team that pushed the Lakers.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

rockets do not rebuild we reload. We are in the higher eschelon of teams that do this. Not sure where you have been but rebuilding is for the clippers,min,mem,kings,bobcats,etc

You are rockets 4 life? How long have you been alive? We always sign players.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Reloading with young players can be a part of the rebuilding process.

8. AggieRocketsFan

I say we trade for Dwight Howard who could maybe even be had for a draft pick and Yao's contract.

9. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

LOL sorry that idea is just hilarious

10. srrono

srrono Member

Here is a couple of other names that may be getable Marcus Camby - JaVale McGee - Hasheem Thabeet

11. YaoMingsSoulja

Magic bullet.... This is a no brainer

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What makes you believe this?

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

That is the stupidest thing in this thread. Why in hell would the Magic agree to that?

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I would shoot Yao's legs with the magic bullets and pray that the magic is healing magic.

15. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

I'm sensing he was either being sarcastic or is really an Aggie. Cut him some slack.

16. Rockets_4_life

Okay :rolleyes: , whatever dude, believe whatever you want....

BTW I've been alive for 20yrs and been a rocket fan since I was 12, so suck it! :p

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ok, but if you were really a Rocket 4 life, you would never utter the word rebuild at such an early part of the season. A true Rocket 4 life would want the team to fight all the way till the end. You really shouldn't give up so soon.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You have completely lost your mind.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure this is Morey's solution....

20. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Atleast trade Jefferies or Patterson for someone that is good in defense.