1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Letter To Dan Gilbert On Rebuilding lol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Jan 20, 2011.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

On rebuilding the Cavs.

I hate the Cavs with a passion and no, I'm not a fan of them.

Team is garbage. Basically being forced to write this letter, how does it look as I completely bs'd it so far.

How does it look so far??? I got 3 more paragraphs to write. :(

Dear Dan Gilbert:

I believe in you and have full confidence with you as owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. My name is The Great and I’m writing to you to give you several solutions to the struggling Cleveland Cavaliers. At this current date, the Cavaliers are last in the entire league with a record of 8-33. Evidently, it is very difficult accepting the truth that the team potentially will go from being the best team in the league to one of the worst. Furthermore, the loss of LeBron James is really haunting the franchise. It has been such a difficult time for not only the fans, but the players. LeBron brings too much to the table to even me considered replaced by any other player. The strategy that our Cavaliers must follow is to rebuild as soon as possible. The roster is not good enough to compete, therefore, the franchise needs to rebuild by drafting successfully, being active in the trade market, and freeing cap space to create more flexibility. Rebuilding with the NBA draft seems the easiest solution because you are expected to at least get a top 5 pick leading into a great player.

The franchise as a whole can only hope that there future will be bright on there way to having the number one overall selection of the draft. The biggest disappointment leading to the rebuilding stage is the loss of LeBron James. LeBron James, the focal point of the Cleveland Cavaliers in years past, is just too difficult to replace right away. LeBron is a once in a lifetime generation player and the loss would be the biggest loss to any franchise. He is regarded as the best player in the league as he can nearly dominate in any aspect of the game. Averaging over 27 points per game, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists, LeBron is the epitome of irreplaceable. Regarded as an up and coming superstar in the NBA at his sophomore year in high school, LeBron really lived up to the hype giving the Cleveland Cavaliers hope for the future. As the heart and soul of the team, leaving the Cavaliers to join the Miami Heat is like being knocked out by a heavyweight boxer. With limited talent, LeBron James utilized his passing ability to make his teammates better. Overall, our teammates are in a tough situation as of right now. Starting a developmental league shooting guard in Manny Harris truly shows the lack of talent the team possesses. With limited talent, Coach Byron Scott has been forced to play a 8 man rotation. Furthermore, our fan base knows that it’s a must need to rebuild right now. Freeing up cap space is critical because it gives us flexibility at bringing in new players with more money in your pocket. You have many contracts to trade including Antawn Jamison’s two year, 24 million contract. Likewise, you also have Anderson Varejao’s and Maurice Williams’ long term contracts who are players possessing the talent to potentially help another championship contender willing to give up draft picks to your Cleveland Cavaliers. Freeing up cap space can lead to possible solutions such as the ability to sign free agents and gain more draft picks.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It looks like you bs'd it.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

DOOD. Fix that **** before Zboy gets mad!

#3 RedRedemption, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Haha. :)

Had to.

But you think it's solid enough as a writing diagnostic letter???

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Write a suicide letter.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Gilbert would be in suicide mode after reading my letter praising LeBron James. :eek:

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Why are you being "forced" to write this letter? Did you lose a bet or something?