1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Charles........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puff, Dec 10, 1999.

1. Puff

Puff Member

To tell you the truth, I am not even sure if I care if anyone reads this. This is my tribute to Charles. This is something I feel that I owe the ROund Mound. Since I was a youngster, I have followed and mimicked the career of Charles Barkley. I remember it like it was yesterday. My brother introduced me to him. It was Christmas time, and I wanted to get a Basketball for Christmas. I ofciurse wanted the Black Michael Jordan leather ball. I know you guys remember. My brother and I hit champs to buy it, and we see a white leather ball, it was the Barkley Ball. I did not particularly care for it, but being the younger brother, if my bro said it was to be had, I listened. AFter buying this ball I began to follow this guy, and he was just amazing. I loved watching him play, but I really loved his personality. I have almost lived vicariously through him. He transformed me. I am a 5'11 guy, who post up everytime I play ball, due to Charles. When people criticize Charles, usually they don't understand. If it's the gross grabbing of his genitals, or the infamous statement caught on tv this year when we played golden state, "do me a favor, suck my......", its a show. He is an actor. He does his job well, but he is also a baller, big time. Charles you will be sorely missed. I chose the career of sports journalism because of you. You have had a major impact on my life and the life of others. I take so many things from your life. I pay you the highest compliment I could pay someone outside my family and friends. You deserve all the accolades you receive, and I wish you the best luck ever. Charles you are the staple of true sportmanship, and I hope for nothing but the best for you.

You truely deserve the title Sir Charles