1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My boy needs a nickname...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lobo_Louie, Jan 26, 2000.

1. Lobo_Louie

Lobo_Louie Member

... Kenny Thomas that is.

During 4 years he played here at New Mexico, no nickname ever stuck. Probably because he wasn't too media savvy (read: deer in headlights TV interviews) - he's basically a shy unit. And yes, he does talk like a girl scout. LOL!

I've been following Rockets hoops since they drafted Kenny, and I'm happy he's finally making a contribution. KT's very capable of 20 and 10, but I'm happy to see double-doubles.

Anyway, I just went through 3 or 4 months of cc.net archives and have to give props to dadakota for being on the KT bandwagon since November. Like he says, "I've been driving the bus".

Kenny played C here at UNM, despite being a PF, and was basically misused by Dave Bliss (current Baylor coach). He'll only get better when he fully learns the 4, and of course, stops jacking up 3s. It's only too bad dude isn't 6'10" because he's really too short to be PF and just not right for the SF.

Funny about the "baby fat" comments, KT's always been a little pudgy and downright fat in his sophomore season, but he's been working to keep the weight off. Frankly I thought he'd balloon to 300lbs since he's earning 7 figures, but my boy's slimmer than I've ever seen.

Should KT start, I'm not sure. Has he earned a nickname, sure! [​IMG]

Be nice, I saw your work on Thomas Hamilton (2 sammiches LOL).

2. Frinkster

Frinkster Member

Thank you I think you won your own contest.

Shy Unit it is!!!

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Hey, KT can play PF. I think he is suited perfectly for the position. Remember the Rockets PF that just retired?? Chuck was only 6'4". His height was always played up to 6'6" or so. But even at 6'6".... Granted he was a special player, but height just doesn't mean as much as it did in the days of Wilt the Stilt (don't get me started on that).

------------------
    HOOP-T

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How about "Buggy" for his bug eyes, and he always annoys the competition.

OK, so it sucks.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

In the begining KJ came from the land of the sun to fill the scoreboards with a third number. KG then emerged in the winter waste land to bring basketball where there was none. And finally, "KT" throws down two dimes a night in the bayou city to make up for the loss of a great warrior.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Kenny "no respect" Thomas. Kinda like Rodney Dangerfield. I can't ever remember a player getting such a raw deal by the refs game after game,man this crap has got to let up.

7. CaucasionSensation

With his eyes and everything he looks a little facially like Tiger Woods. But I'm white, and I've heard that all white people thing black people look the same, or some such thing. What da ya think?

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The baby fat, the deer in the headlights look, the Barkleyesque height deficit and weight advantage and instinct for the boards . . .

I stand by my original nomination: Little Sexy. I'm gonna use that one until he tells the media he hates it. ("Aw, jeez, I'm just try'na do my job and everything. Just try'na to do what I can when coach puts me in. I ... I ... I kinda wish folks wouldn't call me names and stuff . . .") Then I'm gonna start calling him "Sir Kenneth."

9. Lobo_Louie

Lobo_Louie Member