1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Astros at Rangers weekend

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rockets Pride, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Just got done watching Lebron get his ass kicked, got a good buzz so figure I would share for anyone that cares. Nothing crazy .

Me and my buddy both agreed earlier this week that this Astros season is going to be magical; so take advantage of every opportunity to go to games.
    I was in NYC a few weekends ago and got to experience the Astros kicking the Yankees ass. It was glorious. Short and sweet, lots of baseball, lots of drinking, lots of subways, lots of walking, lots of Trump tower, and lots of strippers.

We decided this past Thursday to make the trip to Arlington for the Friday and Saturday games.
    We left Houston about 130pm on Friday; got to our hotel around 530pm. Went straight to bars around the stadium. Got the rain delay message from Julia that we are delayed. Few minutes later scheduled for 9:10pm first pitch.
    We made it to the stadium just in time and sat down, 8 whiskey-Diets later that was.
    We sat club Level so I could continue to drink whiskey.

Game started off slow. I kept calling Darvish "Darsh" and for some reason all the Rangers Fans thought it was funny. I guess they got the South Park reference.
    A few innings later Correa dropped a bomb and you could hear tons of Astros Fans.
    A few innings later Springer drops a bomb and same story.

I thought the stadium was nice. It's a cool looking place but no Minute Maid... not even close.
    We left the game just past midnight and were snap chatting with fellow drunk Astros fans in the parking lot watching the Fireworks.
    Went to a bar or two, and then to Waffle House about 3am to eat. It was amazing. Crashed at the hotel about an hour later.

Saturday we drove over to Addison to meet some family and friends for lunch and to watching the Premier League Championship. That bicycle kick was amazing.
    6 vodka and OJ's later we made our way to the hotel to juice the phones up.

For the Saturday night game we sat row 1 left field.
    Beltran homer was awesome. I would honestly say there were at least 35% Astros Fans in the crowd.
    Gregerson and Giles sucked as usual.
    But hey we won.

Went to a gentelmens clubs after the game and ran into a bunch of good Astros fans. And of course ended the night with Whataburger.

Sunday morning woke up, went to Taco Buneo (since we don't have them in Houston), made it home in time for first pitch and we kicked their ass again.

Overall solid weekend. Rangers Fans were cool. They know they had the last 7 years and now it's our time.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]

3. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Count your drinks-Guy is always super fun to be around.

Not a single mention of the cult-classic "Jagerbombs video"??

For shame...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.