1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MW2 Map Pack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketJoe, Mar 12, 2010.

1. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

that's your honest opinion? what is your dishonest opinion?

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

roger that, sounds like bad to me.

4. mic

mic Contributing Member

Okay, here's the official scoop. Guess that video I posted was actually legit, except Complex=Bailout and Compact=Salvage. Cool!

Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560817&p=1&of=6

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

is my sarcasm detector broken?

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Are his comments that far off from reality? I mean, some might have differing opinions, but its not like the opinion he stated is far fetched.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

he wasn't being sarcastic, it's definitely one of the best multiplayer games ever. it may very well be the most played very shortly.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No, I was not being sarcastic. Like someone said, what was outrageous about what I said?

And MF2 is the most played game online. COD4 is actually still the 6th most played

9. mic

mic Contributing Member

So the map pack is going to be $15 (1200 points). I truly did not expect that. Since all other map packs (including three-four maps) have been 800 in the past, I think it's kind of outrageous (especially with the name "Stimulus"... lol). Maybe if it were five new maps, but two of them are just CoD4 maps reskinned. That's 1/4 of the cost of the game. Yeah yeah, I know the game sold millions of copies and they can charge whatever they want and people will still buy, but it still annoys me.

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

Activi$ion

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Uhh...i dont like that at all. Only problem is that Im bored of the game and need the maps to rekindle my love for the game again. Rip off.

12. mic

mic Contributing Member

Exactly. It annoys me, but I know I'm going to eventually break down (probably day of) and buy them. And they know there are lots of people out there who will do the same. More like the Rape Package. :(

13. AGBee

AGBee Member

14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

5 maps for $15

15. amaru

amaru Member

I hate Wasteland....sniper central lol

16. mic

mic Contributing Member

Yeah... I said that, but two of them are just reskinned from CoD4.

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

MW2 blows. Any game that gives an advantage to a player who has played more than another is just stupid. I fully expect map knowledge to give an edge, but a player should not have access to better weapons than another at the start of the game.

18. mic

mic Contributing Member

I really don't understand this complaint. There are plenty of good weapons to start with... The Scar is one of the best guns in the game imo, and it is unlocked very early on. 50cal is also a very good sniper rifle.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Eh...

The advantage is quickly negated. It isn't like a new player would get stuck in a game with a whole bunch of elite players running around with super-powered AK-47s. The basic weaponry and the "look ahead" classes are capable of hanging. Heck, a lot of people who play a ton still use the Famas or Scar no matter their level.

Edit: And as you unlock new weapons at later levels, it isn't that they are even necessarily "better" weapons. They are better at certain aspects that may or may not fit with your gaming style. The ACR for example is relatively weak but is one of (the?) most accurate assault rifles. It unlocks later in the game, yet even players who are level 70 on the 8th prestige might hate the gun because it is so weak.

Each new gun has certain niche reasons why players might prefer it, but at the end of the day, the most frequently used guns are ones that are unlocked early in gameplay (except on the secondary weapons.)

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

That is exactly the situation I found.