1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Must see Kobe Video

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by milkoholic17, Nov 26, 2009.

1. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

I'm not sure if this deserves a new thread or not....but I think this is the best fan made video of any NBA player ever. This just shows all of Kobe's greatness and his amazing footwork. I think its a must watch for anyone who is a fan of the game. I hate Kobe with all my guts, especailly cause he is on the LA Fakers, but my respect for him is at the highest respect. If he were a Houston Rocket, I would have a shrine for him at my house.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RyKgaeAoa-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RyKgaeAoa-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe is a decent player. Having said that, He is also a rat, that has won 1 ring where he was the main option.

He also lucked out in not playing a healthy Rockets, Spurs, Celtics.

The cake was a lie...

3. hjg877

hjg877 Member

"Must see Kobe Video"

When I first read this I initially thought, "Is it Kobe ****ing a white girl?"

You got my hopes up. Man, what a letdown.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm no Kobe defender by any means but read Ballard's "Art of a Beautiful Game" Chapter 1 and see if you still feel the same way about Kobe.

Like the OP said, people can hate him but, if everyone knew how hard he works at his game, everyone would have a lot of respect for him...maybe moreso than for Jordan.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Count me in the group that intensely dislikes Kobe but I respect his dedication to being great at what he does. Kobe's focus and intensity (off and on the court) put most NBA players to shame. It's too bad he's such a pathetic jerkhead because I really wish I liked him.

6. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I think it is unjust to Kobe's dedication and work ethic to say he is only a decent player. He is a great player, but as far as a champion he is nowhere near MJ status.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great point.

And that isn't even demonstrating the fugly, "i'm God" facial expressions and complete inability to get enough attention drawn to himself throughout that series.

He's good, but maybe you guys don't hate him as much as you think you do. :p

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It seems like making a Kobe mix is both the easiest thing to do, and the hardest thing to do.

On one hand you have access to more footage than any player, ever. LakersGround has dedicated users who upload HD highlights of everything related to Kobe, and it's like clock work. There is probably not a second of Kobe's NBA basketball career that someone doesn't have sitting on their hard drive ready to share.

On the other hand, that means everyone and their little brother thinks they need to make a Kobe mix, so the market is both saturated and incredibly competitive. A really impressive Kobe video is like an average video of just about anyone else.

That said, the one in this thread is extremely well done and fun to watch. If you enjoy visual effects, this one is very impressive as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swgKt5GsKVA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swgKt5GsKVA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Somehow lots of highlights vs the Rockets.

12. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

Wow, that really was an amazing video. Surprisingly, it was the dunks at the beginning that were boring to me. After that, though, I was hooked. That video made me think that Kobe is some kind of a basketball God. I mean, the things that he's capable of doing are just crazy. He's like a superhuman. That video made me wonder what it feels like to be him.

13. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

lol @ Luther Head sighting at 2:26.

14. showtang043

showtang043 Member

yea for the shane battier lovers, which i think he gets respect from a lot of people for his character, he names kobe as one of the people he most respects in the game, not just thinks is best, but also respects...

yea love him or hate him(as many do), he called the dream for help, hes a true student of teh game, obsessively watches video tape, has a hunger and seems like a bball junkie just like us....i think you see with players like lebron who said they didnt watch the nba much growing up in hs, or just casually, and that football was his first love, a player like kobe after he retired will be screaming at the tv at 50 about what they are doing right and wrong.

coach k actually told me this in person when i met him in ny, he said the first summer kobe finally got on the court with team usa, lebron wade all the stars wanted to see what he would do in practice since he just came off a 35 ppg season...and he spent the whole day not shooting one basket just doing defensive drills, and he said the young ones bought into it and followed his lead and the tone was set on defense right there...and kobe actually just had one request for coach k, let me guard the best player every night....

also another story is ariza, people talk about kobe being a bad leader, he sure as hell is demanding, but even ariza talked about how last summer kobe gave him his personal shooting plan and just helped him hands on to be a better player

first hand, i met him at the all star game in houston, behind the cameras, when a lot of guys were pricks bc they didn't have to be friendly, kobe was one of the coolest guys and made conversation with me when he flat out didnt have to and didnt have anyone watching, it was sort of cool

you hear this picture painted of him from media and the kobe haters, but theres a lot to dispute that as well

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

if you want to see greatness and amazing foot work, check out vids of hakeem, much better than kobe.

16. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Fighting is almost nonexistent in today's NBA. They've really clamped down on it since the '04 Brawl. Some argue the league is too soft (I'll concur).

I do think, though, your argument it's entirely skewed when bringing up examples of beloved players to compare to Kobe. If it is used for comparison, the heat of the moment in yesterday's "Bad Boys" NBA is a lot different than the unprovoked smug cockiness exhibited by certain stars (Kobe being a prime example; Garnett being another).

As far as I know, no one is doubting how hard of a competitor Kobe is; we can all respect his hard work. The problem that is beyond irksome is the attitude that an individual such as Kobe presents.

I would rather see Kobe in a fight to back up his toughness than see that silly "scrowl." He isn't proving how good he is with that immaturity; it's the same with Garnett (and even Tim Tebow).

Essentially: You can win, gloat, and celebrate without being an *******.

17. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Yea. It really is disgusting just how good he is. The footwork in the video is amazing. Simply unguardable. Definitely top 10 ever. Closing in on top 5.

(Puts on flame-suit)

I really think 2008 Kobe vs. 1993 MJ might win.

18. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I really don't get peoples issues with guys being jerks to their opponents on the court? "unprovoked smug cockiness" = I'm better than you and you know it, an essential ingredient in being a dominant athlete. In a league with a ton of talented players you need every edge you can get. If getting under your opponents skin by toying with them works, then use it.

Its crazy how people think Kobe is some terrible person with an ego the size of a house but a lot of other guys get free passes. If MJ played in an era where every foul piece of news was leaked out via twitter and facebook and camera phones etc. etc. I'm sure we'd all have a very different opinion of him too.

I really haven't seen Kobe do anything on the court that a ton of other guys don't do. I mean really people are criticizing him because they don't like the face he makes after he hits a one-legged fallaway jumper over two defenders to win the game? After a shot like that you can make whatever face you want.

Not really sure why you brought up Tebow. :confused:

19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I completely agreed with your post until you likened Tim Tebow with KG. Tim Tebow? Are you kidding me? I have no idea what you've seen from Tim Tebow to think he's an ***hole like KG. The man is the definition of a good Samaritan with all the humanitarian things he's done all over the world.

20. showtang043

showtang043 Member

yea true kobe gets crucified for this, mj got his pass, most of all lebron gets some pass, the dude wheres around a shirt saying check my stats, talks about not worrying about indiviudal "accolades" then goes and tries to shoot every shot he could in ny to top kobe's 61 last year, and in a play that did not matter in that game hustled his ass to try to get a rebound and then bragged about it afterwards, ' i never imagined in my life i would look at thet box score and see someone iwth those numbers'...blah blah, he gets the ok bc he openly lies? and then dunks and starts cflexing and breathing heavy

they all do it, i am not saying to burn lebron too, i am saying make it equal...its a part of the swagger of the game, its not just kobe, kg, lebron, its all of them, its emotion, a part of the game, even guys who are normally composed (redick and battier, so on) after a huge play you see them go a little nuts,