1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslims in Germany demand the right to make the University of Berlin into a mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 27, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really agree and I can say when my place of work was posted on here, it really made me feel very uncomfortable. It's so important that no matter what we respect one another's privacy and as much as we might not like one another, respect that we are at the end of the day Rockets fans and we share at least that in common.

They were given a room, I hardly think that is "taking over" or "plopping themselves in the middle of the interstate". Also, how is the same thing as drawing a cartoon? You are really just grouping people together with broad strokes here without a lot of facts. I am not even sure there was a "demand" or even a "protest". It does seem they had a place to pray and it was taken away from them.

Regardless of what you think, are other religious groups allowed to get space in public institutions in Germany as they are in the U.S.? I honestly just want to know what the laws are there.

I think if no religious group is allowed access, then that's fine. But is that the case in Germany?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

DudeWah is an idiot. But we knew that already.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    If you have a country like Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Germany, etc that has such a well organized society with rich cultural heritage... and a society that has developed a very high quality of life (economic, safety, aesthetics)... then what strikes me as wrong is when refugees come in and do not assimilate to the culture. These refugees are choosing to enter the country. In most cases, they are coming from failed societies -- places like Syria, Libya and the like. So why on earth would they think it's acceptable to bring those failed organizational and cultural practices and impose them on successfully functioning societies? They should consider themselves guests of the host country and guests should conform to the practices and customs that are widely accepted in the host country. It's sad to think of all of the communities that have been ruined by disrespectful practices by refugees in so many European countries.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Amazing insight. Never heard that argument before.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No, you're an idiot.

You call every other poster here an idiot or a moron routinely. You have a mental imbalance, you whack job. You have 40k posts on a basketball message board, half of which are in the D&D arguing about Islam with yourself. That's pathetic.

You are actually the definition of an idiot and we knew that already.

You and CaseyH should go suck each other's dicks in his van, chump.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

DudeWah is back from his trance session. Vigor is renewed. Speech is unfortunately continuing despite his efforts.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Good to know you're sitting there spamming F5 while salivating at the mouth in between stuffing Doritos in your face so you can get your word in to seem more intelligent than you actually are.

Sit down.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Was this an attempt at a comeback?

1 person likes this.
  9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Enjoy the circle jerk dumbass. Maybe one day you'll find the attention you so desperately seek.

I'm out.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

self hating insecurities showing there fatso. Have a trance session on it.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look, if folks don't want to assimilate, go home, what is wrong with that?

Europe needs to be careful, and not cater to any yahoos trying to put in their own religious laws etc.

Otherwise it could get really ugly.

Nothing wrong with taking in refugees just be CLEAR in telling them they have to take language lessons - for free, and they have a year or back they go.

Have to protect the main populace from the crap that has been going on in the middle east for thousands of years, we can't let a group drag an enlightened society down just because we are tolerant.

DD

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Added nothing to the thread, embarrassed himself, is out.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

I must have missed something what exactly did he say?

DD

#113 DaDakota, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I am almost as invested in the chase for 100,000 posts as you are DD.

Go you good thing! :p

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This thread is awesome. lol

So it seems to come down to these colleges had prayer rooms for 20 years and now coincidentally (*wink*) they've been closed as anti-Muslim sentiment is growing so the Muslim students are now protesting. I'm betting 99% of Germans had no clue these prayer rooms even existed. Sounds like typical college protest stuff to me except this is the Mooooslims trying to destroy our western civilization! Evacuate Katy, run for your lives! :eek:

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I must have missed several things.

First of all, how in the hell could anyone have taken HR Dept's post as a threat? If anything it was the opposite - giving a gentle reminder to DD that he's not entirely anonymous and would-be wrong-doers could possibly find that out.

I thought DD's "Reported" reply was sarcasm since again HR Dept was just giving some friendly and accurate advice.

So maybe I missed something where someone posted some actual personal information on one of y'all? Otherwise none of this makes sense.

17. DaDakota

Yeah, not the way HR has been, he is fairly sensitive.

DD

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's not worth repeating. He edited it out, and I edited out my quote of his post. Forget about it.

19. DaDakota

There is a record of it with Clutch, if it is threatening in any way, he should be banned - I will ask Clutch.

And btw no one is anonymous on this board, you can track any of us by your IP address.

DD

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he already hit that a long time ago.