1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music News] Guns N' Roses Reuniting For Coachella

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 29, 2015.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q66tDFP7jWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lazy drunk makes up with crazy drunk. GnR has to be one of the most overrated bands ever.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if you have ever heard him interviewed, slash is actually really smart and articulate. there is a nerdist podcast where he goes off on dinosaurs for like 30 minutes sounding like a PHD in paleontology.

i notice it only mentions axl and slash...if the others are not involved its not the real deal. and what about the current "guns n roses". they have actually been in the band way longer than the originals and now when its time to ca$h in they get tossed aside?

4. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I'm hearing speculation that the reunion will consist of Axl, Slash, and Duff, along with current GNR members Richard Fortus (guitar) and Frank Ferrer (drums).

And that is fine by me by the way. In my mind the trio of Axl, Slash, & Duff are the true GNR core.

Although I should say that I saw Axl and the new GNR a few years ago and they were legitimately kick-ass. I would put that concert experience right up there with the original GNR that I saw in the late 80's/early 90's.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he is, but there have been too many times where the dude has been drunk out of his mind and played like crap because of it. His playing still has an incredible feel to it, which is why it angers me that he lets his musical talent suffer.

I agree with you on the last part, it makes the whole situation kind of difficult when you factor in the current members.

Off topic, but even thought bucket got a lot of hate for sitting in with Axl & Friends, I'd love to see him and Slash play together. Both are so unique and play such different styles that it would provide a musical richness that has been missing since solos have become more and more of an afterthought.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m_8yFOiCQwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WM9pWFBTdVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Really think Izzy Straddlin' was an equal to those 3 as well. And is Tommy Stinson still on bass? Who? Tommy from the Mats!!! :cool:

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The nostalgia is gone. 10 years ago this would have been great, now zero ****s given.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When has this happened in the last 15-20 or so years?

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Axl will end up backing out.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Pretty much this.

And if it isn't Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy then I can't be bothered to muster up that single ****.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I've seen slash a couple times, I actually enjoyed some of his recent solo work. If this tour thing actually happens I'll be there.

12. what

what Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NpkGBvOrU-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Seems like a money grab to me.

I assume they won't be making any new music?

I was never big on GnR anyway. Too many times they were in the news for Axl basically being a jerk and, ultimately, it comes down to disrespect to their fans. If you can't be bothered to go on stage within 15 minutes of a show's scheduled start time, then whatever. Would be funny if they pull that same old stuff again on this tour.

14. what

what Member

Axl is terrible right now. He's as bad as DLR.

But nobody in their right mind during GNR's heyday would dismiss GNR's music because they disrespected fans. lol

this was probably the most important rock n roll band since Led Zeppelin. there hasn't been 1 band that was this big or exciting. And there probably wont ever be one.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Band sounds great but that lead singer ...

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Izzy Stradlin' was easily the coolest guy in Guns n' Roses.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was expecting Scott Weiland bad, but really that was pretty good IMHO.

Edit: It's amazing how much power your voice can lose when you get older especially if you make ummm bad decision regarding your health.

Here is a 1988 performance of the same song.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AJ12mL9pMKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#17 KingCheetah, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-ARjFgSjySA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slash is still the coolest dude in rock and has been ever since he came onto the scene.

19. coma

coma Contributing Member

All is right in the world. :cool:

Double Talkin' Jive...

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Man that's sad.

Sucks what happens in 30 years for some

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YHe1XPTioIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>