1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MSNBC] Yao's star is still rising

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sabonis, Oct 29, 2004.

1. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

[MSNBC] Yao's star is still rising

2. sabonis

It's good to read something positive... I feel like the Rox have been getting semi-negative press/season reviews as of late...

Stuart

3. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Yao, people already say you are more hype than content, why you still doing a lot of self promoting? ;)

4. sabonis

With this bum elbow, I have been relegated to the couch sucking down doritoes and ice cream. Depression has set in and nothin' makes it better like an ex-NBA coach talking me up.

Stuart

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Good artice.

I just wish

he had

longer paragraphs

because

reading one line per paragraph

really

gets to be

annoying.

:D

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I don't think our outside shooting is weak at all. Ward and JJ can hit for good percantages, and Tmac is about 35%. Then Lue comes in with a good percentage also. We have a lot more shooters than the 2 we had last year.

7. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

The question is do we have a deadeye shooter who can make a 3 on consistent basis when the game is on the line? I'd say we don't. That is why we got Pike last season, but too bad it didn't work out.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

This article is a perfect argument to those who constantly complain about Yao and/or JVG's system. Yao may never put up "superstar" numbers, but he does so many other great things in a team-oriented matter that will result in wins. JVGs defenses always cut down on shot attempts which result in the lower scoring. Like the article says, once the roster around Yao and Tmac is set, this team will be VERY hard to beat.

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Heh... Self promotion. Not very "Yao-like" is it?

:p

10. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

I wish we could dump Ewing and get Jabar to coach Yao. His game was so much more like Yao's could be. Their personalities and demeanors are so similar I just think it would be a great combination. If Yao had a sky hook and could rebound like Jabar he would be a superstar now.

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Hey Yao, can you stop going on forums accross the internet to prop yourself up and just focus on your weak rebounding and low post scoring for a change? I hope the answer is yes :p

12. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

LOL

Jeff,

I guess

MSNBC

doesn't

have

any

editors,

either.