1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Mr. Alexander"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I find it curious that the owner is the only "Mr." in the organization. Players are not referred to "Mr. McGrady" or "Mr. Mutombo." Adelman gets both "Coach Adelman" sometimes, but often "Rick" or "Rick Adelman." Daryl Morey is not "Mr. Morey." And no one else, from Jack Sikma to Keith Jones to Carroll Dawson is a "Mr."

But Leslie Alexander gets called "Mr. Alexander" a lot (some other sports team owners get the "Mr." or "Dr." (Jerry Buss) treatment, too. Are we in 6th grade and is Les Alexander the teacher? I'm just trying to figure out how exactly people decide on what to call people...

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is this a cleverly disguised "let's nickname Les" thread?

How about... Les Luthor.

[​IMG]

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

guy that signs ur paycheck = "Mr"

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

or woman that signs ur paycheck = "Ms.", lets not forget about the WNBA...if its still around, im not sure

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Obviously there is big gap in your upbringing and you should blame your parents for neglecting to teach you good manners. :)
    It is only POLITE to call him Mr. and a correct thing to do!!
    Many of us are relaxed and quite impolte to refere to him as I do 'LES' :p :p
    Although I should know better considering who I am.

7. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

It won't be so good to call him Mrs Les. :p

8. zforrest

zforrest Member

Calling someone "Mister" is just a good way to keep things impersonal.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How come we don't get to be POLITE to Mr. Morey, Mr. Yao, Mr. McGrady, Mr. Pippen, Mr. Bowen, etc?

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm sorry, fella, but your cred is shot; you should be banned from the BBS...Mr. Pippen? Did you say Mr. Pippen? This is Pips#&% of whom you reference as a 'Mister'? Heck, Mr. Owner is more Alex than Pips#&% is a Mister.

11. yaomanyax

yaomanyax Member

I think this is the real reason. You should never get too friendly or personal with your boss.

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

what if ur boss is a fine, foxy lady?

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Bored?

14. yobod

yobod Member

Uh, why not exactly? I regard my boss as a pretty good friend of mine, and things never get too weird at the office. It's just a matter of what kind of dynamic you have at your workplace....there are no hard and fast rules. As far as the whole Mr. Alexander....the guy is 60+ years old, one of the richest people in the nation, and he's every single person in the organization's boss. I think a Mr. is definitely needed. Also, this thread is really completely worthless. Did you really have to create a whole new topic for this? It's not even the off-season....we still have plenty of basketball-related topics to discuss.

15. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I was thinking the exact same thing. This thread is a waste of space.

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Stupid thread of the week by MR. VAN GUNDIER

17. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I found also interesting that 90% fans call team we like they play on the court and score points.

Even I do It myself, it's interesting.

Mr.Alexander maybe because he's an owner and isn't in team.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

When you refer to everyone by their first name except for one person who you refer to as "Mr." whatever it usually means that you have to be on their good side but you really think they are a Grade A a$$hole.

It can also mean that you are a Sentinel Program within a virtual reality construct created by machines to enslave mankind in order to harvest their bioenergy.

19. pchan

pchan Member

They call him Mr. because he is not a Mrs.

20. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

You call him Mr. because he's rich, the boss, and an old guy who probably prefers to be called Mr.

Until he openly says it's okay for everyone to call him Les, you shouldn't call him that if you're an employee of his.