1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

As I usually do when the Texans suffer an embarrassing loss, I've stayed away from this site (as well as sports radio, ESPN, NFL network, etc) since Thursday. I'm not going to go back and read all the angry post to re-live all the frustrations so forgive me if I post what's already been posted. But I'm moving forward.

Good News..
    It's a new week.
    The Patriots game counts as just one loss.
    The Texans are 2-1 and sit on top of their division.
    Hopefully Romeo can do what Wade did without Mario.
    JJ will come back healthy this season to rejoin a defense that is hitting its stride (think Kuechly last year)
    Speaking of which, Cushing is close to returning.
    The coaching staff is going to be forced to be creative, especially on offense. Hopefully cutting down on Lamar's rushing attempts and involving Grimes more in the offense.

Ready for Sunday!

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I, too, have stayed away from the site as much as possible.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the season from here out.

I had a dream that we won 7-2 against the Titans. I remember thinking, "oh well, it's a win. "

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Time to see some offense.

I'm not down on the team at all. I think you are about to see a huge year from Mercy. I think this defense will not drop off at all with Cushing returning and Whitney getting all snaps at OLB.

You need to add a run stopping DL to the end position replacing Watt and you are off to the races.

I think the Patriot game was just as fluky as the Texans not playing well. Should win easy at home against the Titans and we will just have to pray that the offense shows up against Minnesota.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I too think the team will be fine as a whole. It's just going to be annoying when we're a borderline playoff team and ESPN starts manufacturing stories and debates about how Watt must not actually be any good.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can't move forward without an official game thread for this sunday.

@Castor27 let's go, it's already thursday!!

Uprising likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was ticked after the pats game...not because we lost (everyone loses at Foxboro) but the way we lost. I can live with 20-27, but 0-27?

By the time Sunday got here, I was over it. I mean, It's not like we were expected to go 16-0.

Every team lays a few eggs every year. Texans aren't the only good team to lay an egg this year. Look at the steelers, seahawks, packers and panthers. They've all laid eggs and we're only 3 games into the season.

7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I know what you mean, I have been on a total sports media blackout since last Thursday. I only started listening to the radio again yesterday and visiting websites.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's Thursday, hopefully we get a new game thread soon....so we can stop staring at that vs Patriots title and reliving that embarrassment lol.

I tuned into sports radio today for the first time this week.

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Huge game; their next 3 are @ Minnesota, Indianapolis, @ Denver. And Colts and Broncos are prime time so we should prepare for irrantionally angry reactions.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of those 3, so long as they win 1, I'll be good with it. I'd prefer they won at least 2. With AD out in Minnesota I think that'll give the Texans a good shot there and the Colts are terrible. The Broncos game is probably a loss.

11. Hey Now!

If they beat the Colts... the other two are gravy, IMO. Viking game is low priority. But it's going to suck having losses to NE and Denver. That's the only reason Thursday's game was so frustrating: it was a golden opportunity to steal one from the likely best team in the conference and have that H2H & conference tie-breaker.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's how I see it too. No matter what, they have to beat the Colts. The Colts have basically no defense and the only reason they have even one win this season is because the Chargers managed to out choke them. That's an absolute must win game.

As to the Vikings and Broncos, if the Texans lost one or both of those games, it's more understandable. I think both games can be won, it's just a matter of execution and having a competent game plan. The Texans managed to beat a good defense once this year and then got stomped out by another good defense. To me, that's what makes those games toss ups

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Until then, I'm just going to stick to this thread.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hear you. But they just gotta make sure they win their division. If they can win 5 of the 6 division games, as well as the Lions and Chargers. That is 9 wins already. Beat 1 of Bengals/Raiders and the division is theirs. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The defense will still be good IMO. I think the important things to see are improvement from Brock and the OL.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Mr Positive is assuming losses...... Oh my Heavens!!

Surely your tone would be different had we won that little game Thursday you pretty much deemed, "insignificant" (wink wink)

Not even trying to argue.. just having fun with you, sir.

#17 Houstunna, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Moving forward....

- stop the run
    - more variety of running plays; stop using Miller so much
    - Brock read defenses
    - oline get heathier
    - next Watt game, 2017 season

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nothing to worry about. The team will be just fine. I don't follow eggball but what I know is that JJ Fatt is a losing player and an empty stats guy (you have a lot of them in the NBA). This is the same guy that led the Texans to a 30-0 humiliation at HOME. In fact this is a blessing in disguise. Texans and the city of Houston will be better off without this dude.

20. Hey Now!

When did I ever call the New England loss "insignificant"? You're using quotes so I must have said it...

In fact, just a few posts up, I termed it "so frustrating." The prime time aspect? That's insignificant. But losing a division and/or conference game -especially against a likely playoff team: that's never insignificant.