1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not in any of the movies, it's in the comics.

in fact, there are characters who have adamantium who don't have a healing factor at all, Bullseye for example has his bones laces with adamantium and he's not even a mutant and has no healing factor. The process was refined after the time it was done to Logan and perfected. Logan was basically an early guinea pig for the procedure and there was a reason why he was the first survivor....they weren't doing it very well at the time.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So, no real answer. You cant just make assumptions of what does and doesn't apply from the comics. But whatever, doesn't matter.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah. I guess you could say that. One thing I kind of liked about the movie is that they don't spell things out like that with exposition. You sort of have to connect some dots on your own which leads to assumptions like that and they could be wrong.

At the same time, they specifically said that they things in the comics are BS and that a lot of it was fake, so there won't ever be a solid answer.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Awesome movie, actually managed to live up to the hype. I agree with the assessment that this is right up there with the Dark Knight as the GOAT superhero movie. Perfect way to bookend Jackman's run as Wolverine, and he was spectacular throughout (even if all the movies weren't)

If there's not a movie with X-23 and Deadpool within the next 4 years I will be shocked. Given the fact that they are set to introduce Cable (and time travel) an X-Force team up feels like an inevitability. No way they leave this character on the shelf given how popular I'm sure she'll be.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I knew that kid looked familiar!

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this on IMAX
    Giant t***

Dave2000 and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. Mr. Motiejunas

Beautiful movie. Dafne Keen's (X-23) acting in the last two scenes was great.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

For those debating time lines: all I will say is that the sword in the beginning looked a lot like the sword from The Wolverine. Definite Easter egg. Awesome movie. Idk if I'd choose it over Dark Knight, but it's the first superhero movie that's made me seriously consider it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Awesome movie, love it when they try to ground it somewhat in reality.

VanityHalfBlack and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Definitely going to be a timeline where things go t*** up based on that funny dead pool opening. They'd (the studio) be stupid to not team up with X23 for the next phase.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I missed the sword. Which scene was that?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On Logan's wall in his Mexico place

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was just on the wall in the compound in Mexico.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also when it comes to the extra scene

that played before the movie
    Here's the text at the end of the deadpool teaser
    The old man and the sea is the story of a fight between and elderly, accomplished fisherman, Santiago, and a really big fish. Like... HUGE. The story opens with Santiago suffering eighty four days without catching a fish because he's the unluckiest son of a b**** on planet earth. Honesty, if you were in a boat for eighty four days, it'd be hard NOT to catch a fish... even by accident. Santiago was so unlucky that his apprentice, Manolin, was forbidden by his Ma and Pa to fish with him. But as the Fresh Prince used to say, "Parents just don't understand". So the boy visits Santiago's shack anyway, ignoring the inherent risks of unsupervised playtime with an eldery man who talks to himself. Manolin helps out, moving Santiago's fishing gear, making food, and talking about baseball. Especially Joe DiMaggio, who used to bump fuzzies with Marilyn Monroe. The next day, Santiago tells Manolin that he's going way out into the gulf Stream. WAY OUT north of Cuba. Lady Luck is returning. On the eighty-fifth day of his crappy lunch, Santiago drops his lines and by noon, gets a bite from what feels like a big-ass fish. He's sure he's a winner. He fights and fights and fights and fights but can't pull the monster in.Santiago's leaky old boat is pulled by the fish for two days and nights as he holds on for dear life. Even though he's bloody and beat, Santiago begins to appreciate this mighty adversary. He starts calling him "Brother" or maybe even "Bro". It's sort of a love story if you really think about it. And like most romantic comedies, the reader pictures a delightful outfit changing montage, followed by the inevitable interspecies wedding. But on the third day, Santiago is freakin' EXHAUSTED, and decides he just wants the fish to do what he says and not always swim wherever it wants. So he stabs it. With a ****ing harpoon. It's a mess. Super gross. Blood everywhere. Because, like many men his age, Santiago has difficulty expressing his emotions and fears with words instead of giving in to base desires and imposing his gigantically terrible position on any given subject through unblinking violence. Typical. Anyway, he straps the marlin to the side of his skiff and hits the road home, read to act like a total show off to everyone and probably gouge people on the price. But guess what? Pretty soon sharks begin to attack the bleeding Marlin's carcass, because as we all know, life is a tragic opera and just when you think you've finally found something good and true, sharks come along and rip it all to ****ing shreds while dry-humping your dignity with their crazy-weird shark dicks. Sure, Santiago tries killing a few of them, but drops his harpoon because his hands are just as old as he is. By nighttime, the sharks have pretty much eaten the entire marlin. Only a bleach-white skeleton remains, silently mocking him in the murky darkness. Santiago realizes he's still unlucky, REALLY unlucky (DUH!) Ma calls the sharks "dream killers". Which isn't really all that fair, I mean, the sharks were just doing their job and the marlin... Jesus, don't even get me started on the marlin. It was just hanging out one day, minding it's own business, maybe thinking about ways it could be a better provider for it's family and WHAM! Harpoon in the brain. Who's the "Dream killer" now, ****face! The hypocrisy is pretty much boundless at this point. Eventually Santiago makes it ashore. Leaving the bones of the marlin and the boat, he hobbles to his shack. He makes it home and crashes, like I said - He's super tired. The next morning, a group of fisherman gather around Santiago's boat. One measures the skeleton and, holy **** shingles! It's over 18 feet! The head of the fish is given to Pedrico (Strange that this is the first mention of him) and the other fishermen ask Manolin to send their glad tidings to the old man. Manolin brings Santiago newspapers and coffee when he wakes and they decide to fish together again. Many years later there's a Red Lobster restaurant in nearly every city in America offering a casual dining experience and convenient parking.

16. VanityHalfBlack

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

He had a one shot, standalone 4 comic series around the the 2015 Secret Wars storyline and then they placed him in an alternative Marvel universe called Earth Prime and isn't sure how or why he got there. Part of him thinks he was sent to this alternative universe to prevent the apocalyptic events from happening on Earth Prime and is constantly having to re-evaluate that notion as he sees many of the dead superheroes in his original universe are alive and well in the alternate one he's in. There's more to the story than him coming to grips with his new situation but that's kinda the gist of it. The series hasn't ended yet and is still ongoing AFAIK.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Deadpool aka Reynolds could not talk Logan aka Jackman into staying?

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Part of me was hoping he would make the world's greatest cameo in the next Deadpool movie. However this was so amazing, it really felt like a real drop the mic movie for him and Patrick Stewert. You can't go out any better than this.

I would still love a cameo, but if Jackman and Deadpool (the real one) are never in a scene together, I would be OK with it now.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like Wolverine but I am not interested in a new one so personally I am looking for a new iconic Marvel hero.