1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

someone who knows the comics:

does logan actually die? if so, is he later resurrected like most comic book characters?

is this movie a set up for x-force?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this movie Jontro.
    I am curious about the comic version too.

#102 tinman, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Jontro likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hope it's not a permanent thing. would like to see someone else reprise the role.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well
    They can always make prequels and this one is a separate story just like the last Wolverine movie when he was in Tokyo which I enjoyed

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I thought this was pretty good. Reminded me of Terminator 2 and Lone Wolf and the Cub in several ways.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yup, after the Harrah's scene, Professor X was watching the news and mentioned how it was similar to the same even the year before in Westminster where I assume he killed the Xmen during that time. Right before he got stabbed, he mentioned how he didn't deserve the good day he went through because of that event.

That Deadpool beginning, that was awesome.....reminded me of the fake trailers before Tropic Thunder

I personally loved it, I get it was depressing but damn the performances were outstanding and story was great. The Johnny Cash toned soundtrack was just perfect.

Definitely watching it again before it leaves theaters

#106 Dave2000, Mar 3, 2017
    mrm32 likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You don't need to see Apocalypse, but the reviews were harsh for some reason, it wasn't that off par from Days of the Future Past. Apocalypse was done poorly as were the Horseman, but it's not nearly as bad as X3.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know how much I liked the movie. I need to watch it again. But I didn't realize how much RAW claws through skulls would GET ME OFF.
    [​IMG]

Pen15clubber and mario_v like this.
  9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yes, that is the scene i am talking about.

It also explains why they classified his brain as a WMD. Maybe they (the government) are out to get him but they just don't know where he's been hiding.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Or they could go with the whole altering time thing. Make the First Class Xmen change the future by doing things differently. I suppose this would require Charles or someone else going back in time to let them know. Wait, isn't this the plot to DoFP?

tinman likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Clarifying the reoccurring questions.
    • Xavier killed the remaining X-Men (7) - you hear a clip about it on the radio in Logan's limo
    • In Apocalypse Xavier used telepathy to speak to EVERYONE in the world simultaneously, demonstrating how dangerous he could be
    • Mutant births were basically vaccinated against by Dr. Rice without the public's knowledge, through consumer goods like cereal
    • Asking questions about the comic version is a bad idea here, but to answer, THIS Logan doesn't die, he becomes the MAIN Logan - like I said, don't ask
    • As far as Jackman returning -- it could easily be done. This is the last chapter for him, but all other current X-stories (except possibly Deadpool 2) seem to be occurring pre-Logan. The new X-Men will be set in the 90s. Also, there are basically no rules when it comes to Fox's X-Men universe. Was this the same Caliban character as the one in Apocalypse? I don't think so. But who knows. It doesn't matter. Also, Bolivar Trask used to be black, but later he was a "little person".
    • The idea that X-23s life expectancy would be capped in the "60's" due to adamantium poisoning -- Logan is a lot older than 60....

#111 Ziggy, Mar 3, 2017
    Jontro likes this.
  12. Dave2000

This movie was good that I forgot there was boobs in this movie till my friend reminded me about it

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

where was the boobs???

Dave2000 likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Those are two of my favorite things ever!!! Okay, I usually don't watch movies since I watch them all on Kodi but now I might go to the cinemas to see it.

Pen15clubber and Snow Villiers like this.
  15. Dave2000

lol, the beginning when he was driving that bachelorette group and she flashed him

tinman and Jontro like this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

Hey dave, do you do the movie pass? I do want to watch every movie that's out, are they still in business?

17. Dave2000

I did up until a year ago, I got banned for using it to buy gift cards and got caught o_O

they're still in business but has gone up to like $40/month, I used to pay $30, then went up to $35 after 2 years

I just go through the Groupon route and buy passes for Studio Movie Grill for $5, plus Cinemark/AMC/Star Cinema Grill has Tuesday specials from like $5-7/ticket

18. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, I might end up doing that. **** load of movies I want to catch up on save some money too!

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well about that
    the idea of adamantium poisoning is canon but it's not something X-23 would have to worry about. The reason Logan struggled with it was due to the jacked up way they did his adamantium, he was basically a guinea pig and they didn't have a perfect process yet. By the time X-23 came around they would have perfected the process and she wouldn't have to worry about adamantium poisoning.....meaning she'd likely live several hundred years. In fact, if not for the bootleg first gen adamantium that was put in his body, Logan wouldn't have been aging and dying so soon either despite being several hundred years old already. It was the adamantium poisoning that "shortened" his life by weakening his healing factor more and more over time. Over 60 years of being constantly poisoned (something that gets more severe over time) on top of all the other things he was putting his body through pretty much wore out his healing factor.

But yeah, I pretty much loved the movie. It reminded me of movies like (and I have to spoiler them)
    T2, The Cowboys, and a bit of The Shootist
    I think this movie was heavily influenced by those films.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That spoiler you posted. Never seen that mentioned or hinted at in any X-Men movie. Did I miss something? Sounds like something someone made up.

tinman likes this.