1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

DC/WB buys hype reviews. Marvel doesn't. Not sure about Fox (Apocalypse movie didn't). Seems legit though.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ron Swanson has already signed a multi-movie contract to take his place in a different story line.

Jontro likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Matt Damon = New Wolverine

Jontro likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Tom Hardy should be the new Wolverine
    [​IMG]

Pen15clubber, Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean if getting older and not being able to maintain a muscular body are the reasons to quit, I dun get it.

In the comics he does not run around half nude all the time, just zip an X-man suit, breh!

Pen15clubber and Jontro like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be a lot better, he's only 5'9 which is still "too tall" to play a character who is supposed to be 5'3 but it's not as bad as having a 6'3 Hugh Jackman playing him.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

a younger jack black would be great, without the excessive flub.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

why not reboot wolverine and make him black... then cast kevin hart

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

WOW.

Between this and the work-in-progress RT score, I'm kinda hyped despite myself. I never saw the other Wolverine movies due to hearing they ranged from bad to "meh." But clearly I'll have to see this one.

And yeah, Jackman's height always bothered me a little, but IIRC the "Ultimate" X-Men re-imagining from 2001 re-introduced him as being a more average height (I could be wrong, I mean it's been 16 years). Regardless though, I always thought Jackman had the perfect look to him for the character. Hopefully they find a worthy successor if he's out and these movies will continue.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked the last Wolverine movie where he goes to Japan.

Obito likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They could just use the short guy with the squeaky voice from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Jontro likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The Penguin?

Haymitch likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

just saw it... not quite sure how i feel about it just yet. it's depressing as schiette! the whole thing is. from start to finish.

it's depressing what they did to prof x. it's depressing what they did to wolverine. it's depressing what they did to the mutants.
    also the movie is slow as hell. sometimes i felt like watching the english patient midway through the movie. but the last third of the action was worth it.
    this is definitely jackman's best performance yet (didn't see australia), sad that he'll no longer reprise his role as the wolverine again. it's the perfect farewell movie to him and his character after a long 17 years.

also, there is NO after credit scene. it's only befitting once you watch the ending.

don't know how much i can say without spoiling it. i'll do my best.
    no matter how many times they show it, you just don't get tired of wolverine stabbing someone's head with full blood and everything.

nvm, as much as i hate using it, but i'll spoiler tag it.
    don't click unless you want the movie ruined.
    ferreal brehs... it'll ruin the movie!
    - it sucks how they killed off prof x
    - how in the world did the organization get rid of ALL mutants??? seems like a healthy wolverine and a few of those children can take an army of those cyborgs. magneto and storm could probably take care of them with ease.
    - glad they didn't give x23 any lines till the last third. she was annoying as schitte.
    - wish they would have gone over how the mutants (at the very least the xmen) were exterminated. was it explain in the comics/cartoon?
    - after this movie, i kind of side with magneto and apocalypse now. humans are pieces of schittes. i would have been an evil mutant. survival of the fittest.
    - also this movie is set in 2029... but in an alternative timeline based on days of future past and apocalypse right? so that means, they could STILL change the outcome in the next xmen movie right? that means mutants' mass extinction, prof x and logan's death may not happen depending on where they go in the next xmen movie.
    - so if logan's health deteriorates 50 years after getting the adamantium on... that means the x23 will die roughly within her 60s. a slow painful death too. sad.

have i mentioned this movie was depressing?

all in all, it's a very very well made and well acted movie. probably won't be doing a second viewing until it comes out on dvd because it's too damn sad.

will post more as i get more time digesting it and seeing what others have to say.

#94 Jontro, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Quick question & if you could answer it without spoiling it i'd appreciate it.

Other than Prof X, Wolverine & the girl, are there any mutants left?

& if so, how many?

Thanks in advance

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm afraid i might spoil.
    let's just say there are... but not the ones we know. the numbers are a handful.

Obito likes this.
  17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

i thought it was implied Prof. X killed the mutants with his seizures.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This was a really good movie. Best wolverine movie ever. I can't imagine someone else playing the role.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

what? really?
    was it the scene where he cried right before cyborg logan stabbed him?
    i thought he was talking about another event. that would mean he killed thousands, if not millions, of muggles too. surprised not more humans are out to have him killed

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I guess I have to go watch X-Men Apocalypse. I've been avoiding that one due to the poor reviews, but I guess Logan occurs after that.

Good movie here. It's a throwback feel, like T2 before that franchise got cheesy. It's a legit action drama that happens to have Logan in it.