1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not entirely, it was Jackman but for sure they used some CGI making him look younger.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Professor X was a little anti-climatic.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I thought so too but then I realized that he lived sort of pathetically his last few years (depending on others to take care of him for basic needs) and his death was the final exclamation. He opened up about killing his friends and saying he didn't deserve a nice night in that house only to think his only friend left attacked him out of rage as a respond to his confession.

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I gave it a 2 out of 4 stars. Too many plot holes. For instance how come Charles didn't see it comiing? As in that's not Logan cus he can sense it? Also didn't Charles die in X3? All of a sudden she speak English? why did the kids run away from humans when they can fight back with their super power? Instead of torturing the main villain. Some of them could have assisted Logan and that little girl to save his life or what's left of it.

Rodman23 likes this.
  5. ths balla

ths balla Member

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I actually liked this movie...A little slow and predictable, but overall thought it was a good to end it...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I think Charles was barely using his powers either he was terrified of losing control or just plain no longer having control.
    The first 3 movies are essentially wiped out after they rewrote history in the movie after that.
    The kids running away were great, realistic scenes in my view. Only the girl fought back because she was bad ass like wolverine with the rage thing.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The meds they had Professor X on suppressed his powers

As to X3, that whole movie got retconned by Days of Future Past

X-23 always knew English, it just wasn't her first language. We know this because she read X-Men comics that were in English. Also, growing up in a lab where pretty much everyone knows both languages would lead her to speak her primary language first, expecting others to just know it. Having never left the lab, she probably hadn't ever met someone who didn't know Spanish.

The kids weren't strong enough to fight them all off. If they tried to make a stand, they'd have all fallen.

Agreed, they should have helped Logan.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was like a 100 years old in that movie. He was close to death anyways.

Hugh wanted to quit so they kind of had to kill him off. Plus he was 150 or 200 years old already.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Saw it last night. Great movie.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how did the other kids make it to Eden without being captured? Why was Transigen after X23 only?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think it was based on the whole Logan effect. Everyone wants to be immortal and that girl carries the new "advanced" mutant gene that helped create X-24.... Who I'm sure they want an army of.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Why was x23 the only kid with an accent

B-Bob likes this.
  13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Finally saw xmen Apocalypse, and man, that was anti-climatic...definitely not one of the better xmen movies...

Kim likes this.
  14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The only thing that helped me with was learning about the tracker mutant character.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Like Logan a lot. Great literary and film history allusions throughout, if you're into that sort of thing.

The girl is *incredible* -- I wonder what it was like, though, to work with child actors and say things like, "okay, now I need you to act really angry. In this scene, you are tearing a dude's guts out with your claws, okay? And then we can take a break for some chocolate milk!"

Hope it doesn't warp the kids' brains.

Speaking of the kids generally...
    Why were their powers so lame aside from the main girl? Good lord, they were mostly pathetic. Oh, this one can make little sparks. This one can talk to weeds. No wonder the government wanted to just kill them all.

#235 B-Bob, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Jontro likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if you think about it, the people who created them wouldn't want to create such powerful mutants that they couldn't be controlled. Also, they were just kids, they'll probably get more powerful as they get older and master their powers.

If you had a group full of Professor X's and Magneto's how the hell would you stop them if they decided they didn't like what you wanted them to do?

Jontro likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought it was because they were kids who didn't want to be weapons. Plus with all of their kind gone, it wss slim pickings

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who convinced Seinfeld to quit?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What does that Superman geek know about Wolverine?