1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] War for the Planet of the Apes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just got out. A little underwhelmed. Thought it was a major step down from Dawn, and after an amazing first 45 minutes or so, the really fell apart for me after that.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I probably liked Dawn the best, but this still was an excellent ending for the trilogy, which overall has been incredible. It's a damn shame Andy Serkis hasn't been nominated for any of his performances. I also liked that the previews didn't spoil too much, and actually were somewhat misleading.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Caesar likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't know if it is fresh on my mind, but i think it might have jumped up to #2 favorite trilogy ever for me behind Star Wars. I don't know what it is, but the TDK trilogy and the LOTR trilogy are both hard for me to binge watch. I've watched Return of the King a bunch of times, and i've watched Batman Begins and TDK a million times but TDKR and Fellowship and Towers are hard for me to watch again. Spider-Man 3 ruined it's trilogy. Matrix was the only good movie of the trilogy. Back to the Future 1 was the only good one IMO. Godfather III doesn't even exist to me. Only cared for the first Bourne. Toy Story doesn't count. Road Warrior and Mad Max only good ones of that trilogy.

My point is there's not a single movie in the POTA trilogy i would skip. I have to watch it from start to finish just like SW.

Super excited for the next trilogy
    in what seems will be a direct/soft reboot of the original movie with Cornelius and Nova. I hope it's a big time actor that plays the Heston character. It's just hard to imagine the humans relationship goes from sweet little Nova being the only one left straight to slaves in like a few decades.

5. VanityHalfBlack

The trailer looks ****ing bananas. I haven't seen the other two since Marky *** face and the funky bunch ruined the Apes film for me. Are the other two emotional with rich characters or boring popcorn summer action flicks?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. PhiSlammaJamma

What about the best Twelveogy, Friday the 13th...

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The second half was just so f*cking boring

I felt like going to sleep

Rocket River

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Original Apes 1-5 are so much better, IMO.