1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Venom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Mar 4, 2016.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Disappointing that Venom won't be a part of the MCU. I believe in the comics he's a member of GotG which made for some interesting storytelling. I like Tom Hardy though.

seclusion and Jontro like this.
  2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Trailer is out.....

ramotadab likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

so no shot of venom? lame

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that was fast. Feels like this move was just announced.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Still a while away from release. Unlikely that the CGI is anywhere close to done yet.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can somebody tell me how many total superheros/supervillains there are? Like...in total? Just want to know how many superhero movies Hollywood is gonna make. Seems like they're destined to run through them all.

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

'should we put venom in the venom trailer?'

'no, just show Hardy's back and neck. that's what everyone wants to see'

Jontro likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It was probably more like this:

'Should we put shitty CGI in a teaser trailer that will make people think the movie will suck?'

'No let's just show Tom Hardy in the teaser and save a glimpse of Venom for the actual trailer.'

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That trailer did them no favors. Worthless.

ubigred, jsingles and B-Bob like this.
  10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

the symbiote tease was pretty cool, but want more

they have 8 months to to tease us, so there is plenty of time

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Thousands.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

pre-fap initiated.

a little worried it's sony, but will watch.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG, a trailer for a movie coming out in 9 months isn’t shown by me everything that happens in the movie and isn’t a finished product. What BS!!!

In the real world, it will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Eventually I hope they have have a Spider-Man crossover but that seems like wishful thinking given the scenario.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Felt like one of those fake, fan-made trailers of movies not actually in production, where they just stitched up a bunch of scenes from different movies. Did not realize its real until after the comments.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Meh Sony.

In the meanwhile, watch some Peaky ****ing Blinders to see how awesome Hardy can be.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He was only a Guardian for a brief amount of time. Their roster evolves like the Avengers now.

Shadowcat, Iron Man, and Captain Marvel have also been Guardians recently. With that said, the period where Venom was part of their team was dope AF.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

People will get tired of superheroes before they run out, new ones are invented daily (not literally, but might as well be).
    Marvel's movies as of late are not just superhero movies, they're each based on a genre. For example Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Ragnarok was a comedy, and so on. Black Panther has been getting heavy comparisons to James Bond.

I would say get used to superhero movies, they aren't going anywhere especially if Marvel keeps putting out fantastic movies like this current phase of films. The best comparison I've heard was to how popular western movies were in early cinema.

Oh also, I want to make it very clear -- this is a Sony movie and not a Marvel Studios movie. Additionally, I think this looks like crap.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah super hero movies are pure escapism. With cheaper great looking fx, its pretty much up to the director's imagination.

The biggest worry about the fox merger was that Disney is becoming more of a franchise mill, so there's concern about what they'd do with the original content fox liked to push.

The last original live action blockbuster Disney had was John Carter. They're not doing that anytime soon with Marvel and SW to milk dry

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Barely a minute of footage in a teaser and we're ready to dismiss it entirely? Lol

20. Buck Turgidson

People's seemingly newfound obsession with judging movies based on the trailer, and treating trailers like they're some sort of stand-alone piece of art instead of, you know, an advertisement, is perplexing to me.

Just make sure you turn the closed captioning on whenever he's on screen. He's in tip-top Tom Hardy Mumble Mode on that show.

mrm32 likes this.